Subject: Cap'm Jim wins agim' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charleston James
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Strategy Guide is still in development. This weekend we tested a new variant on the Brutus Magnus Missiles deck. It was quite an interesting show, especially seeing the game creator pitted against his own Tavor deck using the new unrefined Brutus Magnus deck.

Captain Jim agreed to use the finely tuned Tavor deck, a highly defensive ship build with a powerful bite. The new Magnus variant makes ample use of Draw 3, Over Heated, Missiles and its inherent abilities. It's a great combination of strong Attack power with a built in Over Heated feature, so either way the Magnus can make significant progress toward eliminating an opponent with every successful hit. Actually, I was able to apply 10 overheated counters to the Tavor, but she destroyed the Magnus before End of Round, so Jim "technically" survived.

These test games high-lighted what many games reveal about the Brutus Magnus: its low Hull. This new deck will proceed with increasing the Magnus' defense while maintaining the ability to launch a significant attack every turn (if the captain wills it so).

This deck design also suggested the ship build and the player's know-how are not the only factors in determining the capabilities of a player. The player's style also has a huge impact on game play. Jim and I both are usually very defensive players. I'll have to act more like a Klingon or something to make this new Magnus build shine, or rather to make Jim shine, in pieces.

All in all, not a bad test for the new deck. Now as soon as I can figure out what a "gim" is I'll try to get one for Jim. He earned it, I hope. (note the implied emoticon ..!.. )

http://dogfightccg.blogspot.com/2011/06/capm-jim-wins-agim.h...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.