Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
When I got this game a week ago I played the base game a few times and I thought, "Well, that's a little easy." So, everyday I added one of the variants and played it several times. I started with the order they were presented in the rules and each day I added another variant without excluding any of the previously added ones. After I played with all of the rules a few times and I was sure I was doing everything correctly it was then I had realized that this was the best fully card driven solo game that I had ever played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
The game doesn't feel complete until you've played it with all the expansions turned on. I agree, it's quite good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
What makes it so great for you, Ryan? The atmosphere, compactness, the art? Onirim ranks really high for me too. I really enjoy it for the atmosphere, portability, play value, and artwork. The game seems only to increase in strategy and tactics the more I play the game, though it may be topping out in that department.

I pre-ordered two copies of Torbey's next game, Equilibrion and am hoping for another sure-fire solitaire game winner for me to enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
What makes it so great for you, Ryan? The atmosphere, compactness, the art? Onirim ranks really high for me too. I really enjoy it for the atmosphere, portability, play value, and artwork. The game seems only to increase in strategy and tactics the more I play the game, though it may be topping out in that department.

I pre-ordered two copies of Torbey's next game, Equilibrion and am hoping for another sure-fire solitaire game winner for me to enjoy.

The atmosphere and the art are quite good as it makes me feel like I'm really on a journey and not just trying to solve a puzzle. Another thing I really like is that I never feel like I know how the game is going to turn out too early. With all of the expansions included I don't feel like there is always one best decision to make at any given moment, at least not yet anyway. I'm definitely going to look into Equilibrion now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, C.G. (Shigadeyo) provided links to a couple of online places to pre=order Equilibrion here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/655886/available-for-pre...

Odinsfury wrote:
Another thing I really like is that I never feel like I know how the game is going to turn out too early.

Indeed, but you can begin to keep tabs or count the symbols/colors still available, They do vary.
Labyrinth cards
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/908086/onirim

Towers:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/908087/onirim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely agree although more than half the time i play without the "Dark Permonitions and Happy Dreams" expansion because it loses some fum factor for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a great, great game. I can't think of more game for under $10, honestly.

Beautiful artwork.

Engaging gameplay.

Compact for easy transportation.

...and it's the only game I don't mind playing solo.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.