Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this for the first time, with 2 players. Over all pretty good game, and it will grow on us I am sure. But like so many others have posted, it just seems like the game is missing a little punch. The thing I noticed most is that I was apt to collect all different cargo types for points rather than trying to collect the sets of matching cargo. It didn't seem like there were enough matching cargo on the board and I was prone to just go for the all different collection. I was wondering if maybe they had designed it with less types of cargo, say maybe 5 or 6 of each kind instead of 9. This would allow the same types to show up more often and might encourage higher bids to collect the matched sets. Or maybe keep the 9 different types but maybe they should have made some types more rare and some types more plentiful. I'm just trying to figure out why the game is lacking that little extra excitement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shane dunlop
Australia
Perth W.A
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
its because they dont have any abilities. Check out my variant
also you need more people. 4 is a good number.
If your going to play two maybe atart with 4 ships or play with only 6 of each token. Mix it up and have fun. Its an amazing game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Shane. The game is getting better, we opened up an extra 3 cargo port in our 2 player game and we really liked it much better. We also do not use the turn marker (we keep forgetting to move it!) We simply play the first person to 200 points wins. It is a good game that certainly grows on you. I will check out your variant, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.