Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob weattababy
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm coming to this game a little late, so it was nice when I saw some mention of collector's tins at Target. I visited mine, and found the Ocean's Edge tin. Is this what everyone's Target is carrying, or do some have the Revolution pack?

Also, I seemed to find multiples of the same rare packed with similar uncommons within the same tin. One tin contained only 5 unique ships, the same two rares three of the same uncommon ship, and two common ships the same and another non-duplicate ship. Did anyone else have this luck/problem? It was nice trading stock to open two packs in a row with HMS Grand Temple, but not so nice when it was something anyone would be interested in. This happened several times.

So far, I seem to have lucked out with a variety of south china seas bonus packs in the tins. They have contained american, french (2x), spanish and english sets. Were there pirate nationality bonus packs in these tins?

I want to crack the secret on whats in these tins. If it seems I've reached my potential from the tins, I'll find another avenue to purchase the rest of what I want out of the set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have been lucky overall. With 5 tins I did have some repeats, but none in the same tin. I had a lack of monsters however, only finding two out of five tins.

I think they are all the same series, with the china Seas ships tossed in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob weattababy
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, that is unlucky. I ended up with two Lusca, a Bracchyura and the blue body'd crab one I can't remember its name and another octo. Certainly enough fishes to make a good meal.
I suspect I got an odd batch of tins. The cards I drew didn't feel like an even representation of OE.

How long has it been since anyone has seen this tin anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
GreyLord wrote:
I must have been lucky overall. With 5 tins I did have some repeats, but none in the same tin. I had a lack of monsters however, only finding two out of five tins.

I think they are all the same series, with the china Seas ships tossed in.

The china seas ships were actually SE ships in Oceans Edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.