Dan Lawson
msg tools
As my group and I have finished the basic campaign for WoA, I've been thinking about ways to increase the replay value and use CR all at once. Here's what I've come up with:

Start with the WoA campaign as the basic building block (go hunting for the Dire Chamber, draw a chamber card). Shuffle the CR monster cards, CR encounter cards, and CR tiles into the WoA decks.

However, set the Overlord card aside before following the shuffling directions for the chamber deck. Now, draw the top two chamber cards face down and shuffle the Overlord card into them, then replace them on top of the deck. When the Overlord card is drawn, draw only from the CR "boss monster" tiles. When the adventure is over, instead of discarding the Overlord chamber card, shuffle it back in with the top two cards of the chamber deck. This'll give players the opportunity to interact with most of the big CR baddies (they'll get a chance to hit each of the big WoA baddies in the other chamber cards).

This'll likely be difficult as they might hit the Dracolich the first session out, so why not follow precedent and let 'em mix & match powers? While this might result in the ridiculous Tornado Strike + Backstab Rogue or the All Heals Cleric, the players might need it.

For an even more challenging campaign, why not lay down the door and coffin tiles whenever they come up? Granted, that might result in Strahd appearing, but hey: unless Strahd's crypt is in play, they only have to beat him down so much.

I think we'll give this a try this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be interested in this:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/631831/ninjadorgs-dd-adventu...

Particularly the Castle Ravenloft Chamber cards which detail all of the villains from Castle Ravenloft:

http://ratdorg.blogspot.com/2011/03/castle-ravenloft-chamber...

You can just print and sleeve them and shuffle them right in with your WOA chamber cards...

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.