Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently came into possession of a new, sealed copy of Memoir '44 that has a bunch of award logos on the front cover:

1. Mission du 60th Anniversaire (1994|2004)
2. Wargamer award
3. International Gamers Award 2004 Winner

Are they just there for show, or does this version have different contents from the standard English version?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
They're just showing off... and deservedly so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some versions have a different shade of color on the tiles, and IIRC some versions have glossy tiles, where as other have non-glossy tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't wait for the re-print.
Buy a used game.
Ups, did I mention I have the game for sale? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Pagano
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur with the previous comments. Its a great game! Coolstuffinc sells it fairly cheaply and you can find it on ebay.
Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the things I've found about the different versions is that the cards that clarify the terrain tiles say different things about bridges. Mine said that bridges do not block line of sight, my buddies said that bridges do block line of sight. They do not! Also some had different wording on the Behind Enemy Lines or BEL command card. Some said that terrain battle restrictions Do NOT apply, the other said they do.The one that says they do is the correct one. For rules clarifications, click on this link to go to the FAQ section, and then download the official FAQ (frequently asked questions).http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/faq/

Welcome to the game! This is one of my favorite WWII games! You can download my page on Memoir 44 expansions here: http://boardgamegeek.com/file/download/6yf6txe9jm/M44_Expans...

"And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <
http://tincangeneral.com/forum/ (gaming and miniatures)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.