Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » General

Subject: How do I tell if a sealed copy is an English first or second edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently came into possession of a new, sealed copy of Pandemic. I saw on BGG that there is a first edition and second edition. A couple suggestions on here said that the cards and bits were different between the two editions.

Without opening up the game, how do I tell from the box if it's a first or second edition? There is the possibility that this has been sitting on their shelf for some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:
Without opening up the game, how do I tell from the box if it's a first or second edition? There is the possibility that this has been sitting on their shelf for some time.

I don't believe there's a way to tell from the box.

It's highly unlikely it's a 1st edition. That version was only out for a few months in 2008, and it was sold out everywhere. People were scouring every possible place looking for copies. Every copy since late 2008 has been the same, so even a 2 1/2 year old copy would still be the latest version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Woo
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What are the differences between the two editions? Are they pureply aesthetics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Bob
United States
Las Vegas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2nd edition cards have a "linen" finish on them while the 1st edition didn't. It's just a different texture on the card.
This image shows 1st on the left and 2nd on the right.

The 1st edition's research stations are long rectangular buildings while the 2nd edition has a square building.
Check out the differences in these two pictures, 1st then 2nd edition.

Those are the only differences I've heard of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.