BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: A quick US math trade - discussion thread - 279 trades found rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
There seem to be many in-person math trades going on at present, but no general boardgame math trades, so I thought it would be worth running a short one.

=====

Dates:

Deadline to add games: 5:00 PM Eastern Time on Friday, June 10th
Want Lists Due: 5:00 PM Eastern Time on Sunday, June 12th
Results Posted: Later in the evening on June 12th

=====

Trade list: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/68407

Given the short duration, there will be no request list. Please make any requests in the discussion thread.

Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this event (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).

Please do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline.

Rules for this trade - please read them, as some are not the normal rules:

d10-0 This math trade is for those with a US shipping address only.

d10-1 The items allowed for this math trade are gift certificates (minimum of $10), geekgold (minimum of 200 ), boardgames, and role playing games. Other items are not allowed, even as sweeteners.

d10-2 You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners. Any games not in shrink should be fully inventoried, and any missing components - including inserts - listed in the entry.

d10-3 Do not include a link to any game unless you are including it with the entry as this looks, in the OLWLG, as if you are.

d10-4 You must cover full shipping to the contiguous United States. If you allow for shipping to Alaska and Hawaii, you must cover full shipping there as well.

d10-5 If you've been reported to me as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries.

d10-6 Please watch (either via the geeklist or the OLWLG) for questions, and answer them promptly.

d10-7 Geekgold and gift certificate arbitrage is not allowed. Which is to say - you may not put geekgold on the want list for your geekgold entry, and you may not put a gift certificate on the want list for your gift certificate entry.

Other useful information

OLWLG Help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. ITERATIONS=100, SEED=1428571, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

Note: only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. In the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Re: A quick US math trade - discussion thread
A total of 279 trades were found (16.0%).

Want lists are located here.

Raw results can be found here.

And Jeff's nicely formatted results can be found here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Reversed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Any chance want lists can be due on the 13th instead of the 12th? I'm at a gaming convention out of town through the 12th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
man lying down on job voluntarily
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, this isn't showing up in the OWLG for me...

WANTS: Battlestations, Earth Reborn, Defenders of the Realm: Dragon Expansion, Dominion: Cornucopia, Merchants of Venus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Collarin
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crunk_posby wrote:

WANTS: Battlestations, Earth Reborn, Defenders of the Realm: Dragon Expansion, Dominion: Cornucopia, Merchants of Venus.

Give it some time...
It needs to go through the proper channels whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
man lying down on job voluntarily
mbmbmbmbmb
So...Joe Huber, your profile looks interesting! Like a billion microbadges, and hundreds of positive trade feedback, but nothing else filled out (wants, top ten, own, etc.). Is this like your super-human math trade alter ego or something? I'm genuinely curious!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
thoia wrote:
Any chance want lists can be due on the 13th instead of the 12th? I'm at a gaming convention out of town through the 12th.

On the flip side, I have to take stuff to a local game auction next week (see what I can trade first and then take the rest of the stuff into the auction) and I'm already cutting it close with the want list being due on the 12th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
Any reasonable offers of will be joufully added to my want list.

I am also open to gift certificates. Particularly non-game related ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tuttle
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of video games being added as a main item? I must be rid of COD:Black Ops and this could be that chance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tuttleboy wrote:
Any chance of video games being added as a main item? I must be rid of COD:Black Ops and this could be that chance!

And the VGG Math Trade just ended (so there is no conflict), and I'm certain others (myself included) would be interested in offering (and trading for) video games (in addition to boardgames).

And if you have concerns about allowing video games in this trade, I understand, but please strongly consider doing so in all future general math trades (especially since VGG is an official part of the BGG family).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
So many questions as I slept...

thoia wrote:

Sorry, no. In addition to not working for me, changing the date once a math trade starts leads to it's own difficulties. Wish I might have made that convention - I did run a math trade for it the one time I did manage the trick - but it just wasn't possible this year.

crunk_posby wrote:

I made the request to Jeff last night; I'm sure it will show up once he has the chance. It was a bit of a last-minute thing.

crunk_posby wrote:
So...Joe Huber, your profile looks interesting! Like a billion microbadges, and hundreds of positive trade feedback, but nothing else filled out (wants, top ten, own, etc.). Is this like your super-human math trade alter ego or something? I'm genuinely curious!

Nope, just my only BGG account. I actually _do_ have all of my known wants filled out. I used to mirror my collection on BGG, but I found it was too much effort to have it in two places, and the more important one for me is my spreadsheet. I list my top N (where N is between 169 and 175) every couple of years, so the top 10 seems superfluous.

tuttleboy wrote:

rgatti wrote:
And the VGG Math Trade just ended (so there is no conflict), and I'm certain others (myself included) would be interested in offering (and trading for) video games (in addition to boardgames).

And if you have concerns about allowing video games in this trade, I understand, but please strongly consider doing so in all future general math trades (especially since VGG is an official part of the BGG family).

Sorry, not this time. I have allowed them in the past, and will again in the future, but I decided against in this instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So Gift Cert and GG arbitrage is allowed in this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
peakhope wrote:
So Gift Cert and GG arbitrage is allowed in this one?

A - no. I was trying to keep the rules brief, and accidentally cut that out. I will update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tuttleboy wrote:

The VGG math trade was your chance. Two people wanted it, but you didn't submit a want list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tuttle
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kayvon wrote:
The VGG math trade was your chance. Two people wanted it, but you didn't submit a want list.

That's because the biggest want I had I ended up purchasing in an auction. Nothing else really interested me much besides Mansions of Madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless math trades etiquette has changed drastically since I started in 6 or so years ago, I believe it's expected that everyone should submit a blank list if they don't have any wants, rather than not submitting anything at all.

And if Mansions interested you, why not request that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OLWLG is up
This math trade now appears on the OLWLG.
A link for the lazy: http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
huber wrote:
Sorry, not this time. I have allowed them in the past, and will again in the future, but I decided against in this instance.

Out of curiosity, why not? I'm not criticizing. Just generally interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
imyourskribe wrote:
huber wrote:

1) Clutter. I believe that many who participate in math trades are not particularly interested in videogames (and movies, and other electronics, etc.). They still should generally be included, for those who are; but an occasional trade without them is a benefit IMHO.

2) Personal preference. 99% of videogames listed have no interest.

3) Preference not to change the rules. For a short math trade, I believe one of the worst things to do is to change the rules mid-stream. (Clarifications are another matter, of course.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
[When asked if he would give a speech, Jinx said,] "Me, I'm a doer, not a talker." And when they asked him what it was he did, he said, "Sleep, mostly." -Walter R. Brooks
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see a request list, and I don't know individual titles, anyway, so I'll post this here:

I've just been informed that I'm looking for Co-operative Children's Games - preschool and early elementary age level. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
huber wrote:
imyourskribe wrote:
huber wrote:

1) Clutter. I believe that many who participate in math trades are not particularly interested in videogames (and movies, and other electronics, etc.). They still should generally be included, for those who are; but an occasional trade without them is a benefit IMHO.

3) Preference not to change the rules. For a short math trade, I believe one of the worst things to do is to change the rules mid-stream. (Clarifications are another matter, of course.)

All fine reasons. Thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
imyourskribe wrote:
huber wrote:
imyourskribe wrote:
huber wrote:

All fine reasons. Thanks for sharing.

I support not changing rules in mid-stream! A wise move.

I did it once and learned my lesson! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame about the timing of this. I have three really good items in an Ultimate Trade right now, which ends the same day this does.

In theory I could list them in both, but I haven't seen anything I'd want for them here yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lo Ma
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy if anyone put up Tikal II for trade. This has gotten terrible reviews - you know you don;t want it!

Also Small World Be Not Afraid would be fearsomely cool.

And perhaps 7 Wonders would be wondrous.

I'd be game for a copy of Vasco de Gama.

I'm fresh up for Fresco.

And I'm steamin for soem Steam.

I'd be on fire for Great Fire of London.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.