Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been noted that with Pegasus, a few of the resource wins become highly unlikely for the Cylons. Also, everyone knows that the New Caprica Crises invariably hit morale the hardest. Incidentally, this is also true for the 20 regular crises Pegasus adds.

There's no telling why FFG didn't take this into account when designing the expansion, but there is an exceedingly simple remedy;

Adjusting Starting Resources.

In the base game, it's

8 fuel, 8 food, 10 morale, 12 population

and that works very well. Now, to take the changed balance of NC into account, we should decrease fuel, as there is less distance to jump in order to reach NC, decrease food, as it is mainly hit by base game crises, (which will appear less) and increase morale, as this is hit hardest by Pegasus. New starting resources are:

7 fuel, 7 food, 11 morale, 12 population

The problem with New Caprica and civilian ships is a seperate issue, which I don't think can be satisfactorily addressed by simply changing the starting value for population.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure just how often it happens (haven't kept track/compiled of hard data), but there are also times when humans win NC with more Morale then they'll ever need. Somewhere in between, that extra Morale is making a significant difference. THis seems like it'd be the exception than the norm, so I don't consider it a big deal

The Agenda where morale and pop are within 2 of each other may skew the things advantageously too much for the humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
I actually like the fact that morale is really, really precious in Pegasus. Much more so than most other resources.
That fact helps to keep executions balanced, because even 1 point of morale lost on a wrong one is a huge hit.
Furthermore, if there's one resource that will almost always get dangerously low, a crisis hitting that is doubly tempting to spike as a cylon, even if it may give you away early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal Rex wrote:
New starting resources are:

7 fuel, 7 food, 11 morale, 12 population

Nice idea! How was the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.