Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to family conflicts, I can only get up to Origins on Sunday. I was thinking of just doing the day pass and hit the dealers room, get some games, and maybe play some of them in the open gaming area. Is it worth it to do this on Sunday? Are most of the folks in the exhibitors hall packing up and leaving? Are most gamers hitting the road? It's a two hour drive from my home in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area, so I wouldn't get there until 10am or so. Should I go, or just save my money and go to GenCon and catch Origins next year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also WBC to go to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joelist wrote:

Presumably that is a reference to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Boardgaming_Championships in Pennsylvania in August.

And for the readers who may or may not have heard of Origins or who have heard about it but never gotten around to looking up the when/where: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_Game_Fair (in Ohio in June/July).

Edit: And GenCon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gen_Con (Indiana, August).

Please, people: when posting stuff like this, don't assume that everyone already knows what the heck you are talking about. Spell out a word or two, include an adjective or two, or give us a link or two. Much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joelist wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. WBC is definitely something I want to do, but its dates are even worse for me this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
moved to Conventions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of the exhibitors may have packed up by Sunday morning; however, most of them should still be there.

As for open gaming activity: It is down dramatically from earlier days. By early afternoon, there aren't many people left (the out-of-towners are on their way home so they can return to work Monday).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yuglooc wrote:
A few of the exhibitors may have packed up by Sunday morning; however, most of them should still be there.

As for open gaming activity: It is down dramatically from earlier days. By early afternoon, there aren't many people left (the out-of-towners are on their way home so they can return to work Monday).

Thanks for the information. The good news is...my conflict disappeared. I'll be there on Saturday after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McGuire
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. See ya there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.