Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's been weeks since I bought a new game in weeks. There are a few titles I am interested in but I have been in a game shop like 3 times and walked away with nothing. I have been having trounble getting games to the table lately and as such I lost the itch to keep buying games at a furious rate. It's sorta trying to be spring/summer here and as such I have had other distractions as well. Have I shaken the cardboard monkey from my back or is this the calm before the storm?

Kraken Fan #69
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A disciplined life may be its own reward, but the money you save will allow you to make those important big purchases later on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Rome
SPQR
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Protector of Nothing in Particular
mbmbmbmbmb
Hungadunga wrote:
A disciplined life may be its own reward, but the money you save will allow you to make those important big purchases later on...

A deluxe Go set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Link
United States
Snowmass Village
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
The hobby can have its 'salad days'. Unless you are part of the few that make a living making boardgames (if thats possible), there is never any cause for stress during a dry spell.
I wouldn't call it cures... remissions maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Gagnier
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a little more... there might be a 10-game order lurking, waiting to be fulfilled .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You and me...We're in this together now...None of them can stop us now...We will make it through somehow
mbmb
Your collection shows 5 pre-orders. I'd say that you haven't changed a bit, but rather your strategy shows the skill of a mature addict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anjohl wrote:
krakenfan69 wrote:
So it's been weeks since I bought a new game in weeks. There are a few titles I am interested in but I have been in a game shop like 3 times and walked away with nothing. I have been having trounble getting games to the table lately and as such I lost the itch to keep buying games at a furious rate. It's sorta trying to be spring/summer here and as such I have had other distractions as well. Have I shaken the cardboard monkey from my back or is this the calm before the storm?

Kraken Fan #69

I am in a similar position, with the added barrier of not having a game group at the moment. One difference is that I am considering all but quitting the hobby. I tend to be very, very selective these days, even before I left the group.

Well get yourself to Brooks, Ab and we'll start a game group of our own and both be happier for it! meeple

Kraken Fan #69

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Cottage Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You have the Meeples. Do not worry, it will pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.