BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: I need help recalling a game from my childhood rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jsan Z
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
All I remember is that the board consists of loose tiles and you slide one into the board so that you can advance and this pushes another tile out for the next person to do the same. The box art was some kind of troll that looks like the monster from Where the Wild Things Are. If it makes a difference this was a German game. Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Flynn
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds kinda like Labyrinth. Although the box art doesn't really have a troll on it. Perhaps a different version with different art?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you'd tell us when your childhood was, it would narrow things down. I was thinking Labyrinth or The Magic Labyrinth, but neither of those feature a troll on the cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jsan Z
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Well I was 11 or 12 years old so around 1998 I can't pinpoint it and my sister is younger so she really doesn't remember. Everything was in German so it's probably Labyrinth like you said I just don't know what version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this link to see box photos. There have been many designs of The Amazing Labyrinth, so maybe one will look familiar.

/images/boardgame/1219/the-amazeing-labyrinth/page/1?sort=re...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like it's almost certainly Labyrinth - it's got a Wild Things-looking troll in there somewhere, even if they vary between editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jsan Z
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone! I'll continue my search now that I'm sure it was Labyrinth. If I ever do find the exact one I'll post a pic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludwig Seitz
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
May I venture to guess that the troll was the little guy below the 'Z' on this picture?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.