Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Tan
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a time when the release of a Core Set was pretty much a passable event. It was a time for players to look over the card list, then open their dusty binders to see if they already had the cards. Since Magic 2010 and the introduction of new cards to core sets, the release of a core set was once again cause for celebration. Today's cards are a continuation of that legacy.

From today's Arcana, we have something bloodthirsty for the pre-release...

... and something huge for the release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I actually quite like the 2nd - it seems that if you have removed your lands, you could plow through your entire deck at a late stage of the game (with enough mana on the table).

Maybe it'd even make a good commander.

I'd definitely try to go to the release as well as the prerelease if it weren't a foil card. I hate having foil cards in my deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Smith
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bezman wrote:
Maybe it'd even make a good commander.

Except it's not Legendary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like the common/uncommon Planeswalker named cards will be extended to rare, between this and Chandra's. But
1. Will they reprint the previous common/uncommon cards in M12?
2. Will Gideon and Sorin get commons/uncommons as well as rares?
3. Will Ajani and Liliana get their rares?
I could see Liliana getting hers in Innistrad, but they've already printed two Ajanis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Tan
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Renaissance Man wrote:
It seems like the common/uncommon Planeswalker named cards will be extended to rare, between this and Chandra's. But
1. Will they reprint the previous common/uncommon cards in M12?
2. Will Gideon and Sorin get commons/uncommons as well as rares?
3. Will Ajani and Liliana get their rares?
I could see Liliana getting hers in Innistrad, but they've already printed two Ajanis.

I would assume that they're in no hurry to complete the cycle, if ever they will. Most reasonable assumption will be...

- Each planeswalker in M12 gets a common, uncommon, and rare spell with his or her name on it.
- If it's already printed in M11, it gets reprinted in M12.
- If that planeswalker is not in M12, it gets its complete cycle next time, if ever it shows up in a core set again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bcs_ wrote:
Except it's not Legendary.

Oh yeah... blushwhistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it looks like the new PWs will get C/UC cards, according to http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/dai....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.