4 Posts

Phantom Leader» Forums » Rules

Subject: Target#12(SAM Sites)question? not enough counters! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lam yat fan
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
My target is SAM sites,it must place 6 SA-2s in center,and I draw other Sa-2 site at Approach Area....And then I draw a SAM Site! event card(it said add 1 SA-2 site to center area).But...
That not enough SA-2 counters remain ! What can I do ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lam yat fan
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Thankyou very much..
I abort this mission at turn 3 when 2 pilots unfit,and other had too many stress points ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Ryan
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules also state that "each weapon has a Weight Point cost" so a SAM site (SA-2) is not a weapon as defined in the rules book. It is more a weapon system or site, however the next line in the rulebook states "You may not use more of a given counter than the actual number of that counter provided in the game". It might have been clearer if that last rule had been added at the front of the rulebook under "Counters" on page 2...but at least it is in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor S
United States
California
flag msg tools
I've run into this issue every time I pull this target. I've used spare counters to "add" the required SA-2s. The rule Rob refers to seems to only pertain to the limited use of U.S. weapons counters.

I just searched and it seems DVG answered this question - you do add the counters:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/4809787#4809787

BTW this target keeps kicking my ass - I'm near the end of a long Rolling Thunder campaign and the only target I haven't destroyed is this one - and twice! First time drew 9 total SA-2s, the second time 8 SA-2s. The first time I tried to attack Low and had to abort early. The second time, attacked High and got chewed up - destroyed three of the six target SA-2s in the Center area and gained 1 VP (using optional Damaging Targets rule). I think I was grateful for the one point ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.