BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Asia » Malaysia

Subject: FFG Media Center to launch in Malaysia... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
The much talked about FFG Media Center will be launching in Malaysia next month (July), so FFG fans can look forward to it!

Already a huge success in USA, stores have been reporting increased traffic and sales from this state-of-the-art device which runs trailers, tutorials and acts as an extra FFG staff on hand to assist stores.

As FFG's exclusive distributor for Malaysia, Imagine Games will be installing the first Media Center in ComicsMart @ Mid-Valley Megamall, the country's #1 store for euro, sci-fi, fantasy, CCG & miniature games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that is AWESOME!!!! now, only they have more locations in the US (like Las Vegas for instance!)-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are talking about the iPad based advertising tool that FFG have made available, rather than an FFG Event Centre...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
jon is right- its the tool... but... guess what's launching next in august :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cant' wait to check it out. Kudos to you and team for bringing this in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amparo
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Good, a new board game place in KL. I'll see it by October (I'll be there for more than a month).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools

The Media Center should be up and running by end-July followed by the launch of the FFG Event Center in August

However you don't have to wait so long for some gaming action - just pop by tomorrow (Sunday, 12 June) to join or see the 2nd Anima:Tactics Tourney between 2-7pm.

Come say hello, and pick up the coolest anime figures on the planet devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's open in early August, I'll drop by. I've been looking for somewhere to try out Chaos in the Old World: The Horned Rat Expansion, as it hasn't found its way to China yet. Will I have the chance in KL?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
Yes!

The store (ComicsMart @ MidValley Megamall) is the top store for euro games, ccgs and miniatures in the country so just drop me a mail when you are due in KL and we'll have that demo organized for you!

They are already operating but once we have the FFG Media Center up and running (July), they will function as the FFG Event Center for Malaysia (August) which will host mega FFG events all year long!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Song
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great to see that the board game scene is finally getting a go in Malaysia! Hopefully this hobby will become much bigger there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
After a slight shipping delay and 2 weeks of testing (at public events), the FFG Media Center went live @ ComicsMart, Midvalley Megamall last night!!!

See the latest video trailers, in-depth interviews with the game designers and creative teams, and best of all, learn how to play from the video tutorials!

I actually watched the tutorials for Warhammer Invasion and A Game of Thrones LCG, and played the game immediately after (even winning my first game of AGOT against someone who had read the rules and played it before)!

So c'mon Malaysian gamers, the best tool in the game industry is right here in KL, what are you waiting for???

WARNING: Be prepared to take a number and wait for your turn to touch the screen :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.