Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last sunday we played the campaign scenario where I, The Union, add to get the Scroll at the middle of the map and do something that I don't recall. But before being able to take the Scroll, you had to complete 2 objectives.

On the Gevaudan map there's 6 objective circles and one of them is used by the Scroll so that leaves 5 objectives to be placed on the map. The Reich had the initiative/setup so he placed his first objective, me second, etc. In the end, The Reich placed 3 objectives and me, The Union, placed 2 objectives.

At the start of the game I managed to get on character to a silver objective but realised I DIDN'T HAD THE PROPER SKILL TO COMPLETE IT!??!?! In fact, no one in my team had the skill!

So it left me with only 1 objective so the game was lost...after 5 minutes...

Did I miss something?!!!?!?

Thanks for your help and insight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCormick
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Tasteless Brute
mbmbmbmbmb
No offense to Tannhauser lovers, but that problem you faced is just a facet of the game's many holes and flaws.

Pro-tip: get Earth Reborn. You won't regret it. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aurendrosl wrote:
No offense to Tannhauser lovers, but that problem you faced is just a facet of the game's many holes and flaws.

Hahah I already own Earth Reborn but it's more complex to master and when we want quick action, Tannhäuser does the job...well except when something like that happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OhI can't remember the rules but I do think you can complete does objectives without the skill. It just takes 2 turns instead of one. I have to read the rules again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grayle84 wrote:
OhI can't remember the rules but I do think you can complete does objectives without the skill. It just takes 2 turns instead of one. I have to read the rules again.

Oh? I might have missed that...

BTW I use the Revised rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McKendrick
United Kingdom
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the revised rules - Page 30 "If the character attempting to accomplish the objective does not have a skill that matches any of the icons on the objective token, that player must roll a die and score 6 or higher to complete either half of the objective. This die roll is required no matter which player placed the objective token. If the player is unsuccessful the action is spent with no progress to accomplishing the objective."

I have Earth Reborn as well as Tannhauser. It scratches a different - more combat oriented - itch.

I also prefer the theme of Tannhauser, they're both great games - Oh and get Claustrophobia while you are at it, the upcoming expansion for it looks great!

Yes I love small unit tactical games, I also have AT-43

Any other suggestions on which games I might like? I've avoided Dust because of the unpainted minis and simple rule set

Regards

John McK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnMcKendrick wrote:
Any other suggestions on which games I might like?
John McK

Although discontinued, Heroscape would probably be to your liking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McKendrick
United Kingdom
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one module for Heroscape already ... "Swarm of the Marro" ... I'm a bit frightened off number of modules available blush - even if discontinued .... after all - so is AT-43

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnMcKendrick wrote:
I also prefer the theme of Tannhauser, they're both great games - Oh and get Claustrophobia while you are at it, the upcoming expansion for it looks great!

Yeah Tannhäuser theme is really cool.

Concerning Clautrophobia, this game is on my radar as well, might get it in 2011!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leigh
United Kingdom
Richmond
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aurendrosl wrote:

You may very well be right, but coming on to a Tannhauser forum to post that is a tad irritating.

Especially given that the problem here is a missed rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aurendrosl wrote:

Really, what's the point in posting this?

If you don't know even the basic rules of a game how can you make a statement about it's playability or value.

How can you reccomend that ER is better, you can't compair the two without knowing how to play both, and you obviously don't know how to play Tannhauser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Johnson City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aurendrosl wrote:

Such an amazing game it suffers from sales. whistle

I just got the game 2 days ago, the game is a major cluster-f*** of a game.

playing the game it felt like they were trying to jam pack too much into the game. Like trying to tell the story of lord of the rings in only 1 book.

Shame to, thought it would have been better, some good mechanics but over tedious rules killed it for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toolian wrote:
Aurendrosl wrote:

playing the game it felt like they were trying to jam pack too much into the game. Like trying to tell the story of lord of the rings in only 1 book.

Shame to, thought it would have been better, some good mechanics but over tedious rules killed it for me.

Not to be dense, but did you mean Tannhauser was a cluster f***, or Earth Reborn, you didn't specify. If you ment ER, I understand your feelings, while I haven't played ER, I did read the rules and that was enough to make me decide against it. Don't get me wrong Tann ain't perfect, but what is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Johnson City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miah999 wrote:
Toolian wrote:
Aurendrosl wrote:

Not to be dense, but did you mean Tannhauser was a cluster f***, or Earth Reborn, you didn't specify. If you ment ER, I understand your feelings, while I haven't played ER, I did read the rules and that was enough to make me decide against it. Don't get me wrong Tann ain't perfect, but what is.

Earth reborn, sorry for the confusion, I was responding to the guy posting about ER.

I've been playing tannhauser since 2007 and have a mini fan site called tannbunker.

I've been working on a concept for tannpedia over at wikia that will use images, stories, character backgrounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wikia hum, you got a link for it yet.

BTW you can get a copy of my Tannhauser Mythopoeia over on my blog, it has a lot of the Tannhauser background etc, gathered in one place. And it's up to date all the way to Hoss, etc. I just need to start adding the Shogunate stuff.

miah000.blogspot.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Johnson City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miah999 wrote:
Wikia hum, you got a link for it yet.

BTW you can get a copy of my Tannhauser Mythopoeia over on my blog, it has a lot of the Tannhauser background etc, gathered in one place. And it's up to date all the way to Hoss, etc. I just need to start adding the Shogunate stuff.

miah000.blogspot.com

As of right now I have just been working on graphics buttons, same with my leviathans wiki found here http://steelmonster.wikia.com/wiki/Steelmonster_Wiki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.