Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year at BGG con I just walked up to the publishers and made arrangements with them personally. However, it was somewhat difficult because the publishers themselves are usually busy shopping their wares. Origins is a lot busier and there are many more attendees, I'm worried this will make it even more difficult.

Any feedback would be good. I would like to especially hear from someone who has made appointments in advance of the convention to hear how receptive and easy it was to get the publishers to meet with you using this method.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Migas
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you should try to have a meeting time.

See: http://inspirationtopublication.wordpress.com/2010/12/31/ste...
Some Game Publisher contact info is at http://www.bogadap.com/links-2/publishing-companies

Philip Migas
www.bogadap.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
it's always a good idea to have a meeting setup if you can. (in all walks of life)

I don't know about game conventions but in a different life I attended other industry conventions for a living, and a lot of people like to setup meetings for the mornings before the rush begins, and if you can work your way into an after hours "meeting" it's good to build connections, and though it's hard to get full idea out after hours, they'll remember you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a thread asking that people set up time with me ahead of the show - I want to know more about your game first, and if it even meets what I am looking for.

This will be my first Origins, I imagine that it will be busier than BGG Con, but no where near as busy as Essen was. But I know that during show hours I won't have time to play test games, and I have learned not to playtest games at shows that I haven't qualified before the event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T Worthington wrote:
I posted a thread asking that people set up time with me ahead of the show - I want to know more about your game first, and if it even meets what I am looking for.

This will be my first Origins, I imagine that it will be busier than BGG Con, but no where near as busy as Essen was. But I know that during show hours I won't have time to play test games, and I have learned not to playtest games at shows that I haven't qualified before the event.

I believe I just e-mailed you, or someone else from your company. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.