United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
The iOS implementation of Dixit is once again free. The app looks quite promising despite early issues with online multiplayer. I'm not sure if that is again the reason for the FREE price, but grab it now and sit on it until it's working again.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idixit/id438442408?uo=4&mt=8&...

For more on this and other iOS Board Games, check out my GeekList and links therein.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie Foulds
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
designer
Come play games at Newcastle Gamers!
badge
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
mbmbmbmbmb
Was excited by this, until I realised that it's not compatible with the iPhone 3G... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xTHAWx wrote:
Was excited by this, until I realised that it's not compatible with the iPhone 3G... soblue

Yeah, I found that out with my wife's phone. It is too bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Vidal
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same problem here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick N
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still "purchase" it now and if you upgrade your phone later you'll have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wargrave
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just downloaded - no online games to join - also doesn't recognise my wifi - looks interesting though ( from the tutorial)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nine9ths wrote:
You can still "purchase" it now and if you upgrade your phone later you'll have it.

This is an excellent point. I believe you'd have to make the purchase from iTunes on your computer rather than on the device itself, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie Foulds
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:
nine9ths wrote:

This is an excellent point. I believe you'd have to make the purchase from iTunes on your computer rather than on the device itself, though.

Good point. I'll do that then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pilnick
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:
nine9ths wrote:

Actually, that doesn't matter. Once you buy an app (even if it's free) from anywhere, you can always redownload it for free on your computer or any other device you log into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Escher0 wrote:
polychrotid wrote:
nine9ths wrote:

Actually, that doesn't matter. Once you buy an app (even if it's free) from anywhere, you can always redownload it for free on your computer or any other device you log into.

Well, you can't purchase it from a 3G iPhone because it's not compatible, hence the computer part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested to know *why* it doesn't work on the iPhone 3G.
I wouldn't have thought the app would be particularly processor intensive or use the compass, and they're missing out on a load of potential customers by not supporting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
although i have not played it, i ran it once on my ipod 3g. seemed to work, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie Foulds
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steerpike wrote:
I'd be interested to know *why* it doesn't work on the iPhone 3G.
I wouldn't have thought the app would be particularly processor intensive or use the compass, and they're missing out on a load of potential customers by not supporting it.

It's because it uses Game Centre for its online multiplayer. Games Centre isn't available/supported on the 3G. That was Apple's decision. Since there is no Games Centre for the iPhone 3G, there is no iDixit compatibility

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Marling
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads-up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.