Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I currently have my sets in three boxes. I have an old saxophone case I had the idea of converting into a master box today, which led me to wonder: how do y'all store your sets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
All the platters in one box and everything else in one box (that's all 8 sets).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Link
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Back off, man! I'm a Scientist!
badge
All hail El Goblino!
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
All the platters in one box and everything else in one box (that's all 8 sets).

That's how I go as well. I have all the character chits in baggies separated by age, which makes setup go easier, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I use a craft box and have the characters arranged alphabetically (hence the need for three boxes). It takes up more space, but the time to find a character is lessened quite a bit. A more shallow craft box would be more useful, but I'm working with what I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've put mine in a box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DenGad wrote:
I've put mine in a box.

I saw these images before. They are what inspired me to use the saxophone case. Mine is not going to look nice like yours, but it will be functional. My thanks to you and your beautiful work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Petty
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased a large wooden box that looks like a big book from Hobby Lobby. I was able to fit the base game and every expansion into it with ease. I'll post pics when I get home if I can remember. I think it cost me $14.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I just did was to sleeve all the character cards, and place the token for each character in the sleeve with the card. This really speeds up setup! (I think someone else on this forum came up with this idea and I just recently remembered it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's an excellent idea! It may be worth the tactile desensitization- especially since the character cards are infrequently handled. How do you handle randomizing character selection? I imagine it'd be hard to shuffle...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just dump them in the box lid and pluck them out lottery style. You can shuffle them easily if you want, just in small batches (slide them together from the sides), and you need to make many small piles, as they fall over with the tokens inside. Maybe make as many piles as characters each person will chose, and have each player take one card from each pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.