Louis Perrochon
msg tools
designer
publisher
Designer of "Startup Fever"
badge
Designer of "Startup Fever".
mbmbmbmbmb
The current rules for images don't let you upload lots of individual images of event cards or miniatures for a game.

Quote:
Please do NOT submit individual images for every mini or every card in a minis heavy or card heavy game.

The reasons as I understand are concerns about copyright/piracy and concerns that lots of single images overwhelm the other images.

The preferred way is something like this:

The disadvantage here is that one can't link to or comment on an individual image, and that in order to read the text and enjoy the images, one has to click on original, and then (on most monitors) scroll horizontally and vertically.

I am not sure if the first one can be addressed if collections of all cards are acceptable. They are good enough for some unauthorized PnP.

Might I suggest that we let the designer upload a complete set of cards (or minis, or dice) if the designer prefers that?

Thumbing, liking and (now) +1'ing should give enough signal to push the unpopular event cards to the back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
perrochon wrote:

Might I suggest that we let the designer upload a complete set of cards (or minis, or dice) if the designer prefers that?

A designer or publisher will typically contact us directly if they experience any difficulty doing that through GeekMod. We make it happen for them upon request.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
good admin notes saying the image submssions were being made by the designer or publisher

would go a long way in getting the images approved by geekmod

since admin notes do not survive geekmod it's even better to include this in the caption

ex: Octavian Card, image submitted by the publisher

or this example

Caption:
Quote:
copyright 2010, Interaction Point Games, LLC. Cover Art by Piotr Nowojewski (Boleslav)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
perrochon wrote:
The disadvantage here is that one can't link to or comment on an individual image, and that in order to read the text and enjoy the images, one has to click on original, and then (on most monitors) scroll horizontally and vertically.

The advantage is that you get a good overview of all the cards. When I see a game and want to browse through the photos, I'd hate to see individual pics of all cards, if it's a card-heavy game, because that would mean pages of pages of card pics when all I want is some pics of "what's in the box".

I agree there's a discussive gain on having individual components, though. Actually, I think the best thing is to have a gallery for that: "pics of individual components".

The galleries are cluttered and more sorting can't be bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.