Ad Astra» Forums » Rules

Subject: question about build action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe JoneS
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Hi,

I am new to this game, and I really love the theme.

"To the Stars! Find the answer for Life, Universe and everything"

That alien card is really one of me favorite, haha~

^_^

OK, let's cut the crap then. I would like to ask a question about build action

The rules in english says:

"When a build card is revealed, the owner of the card may build any number of items (colonies, factories, starships, or terraformers).

Then, proceeding clockwise around the table, the other players may build one item each."

So the player of build card owner can :

A) build 2 or more colonies, 2 or more factories, 2 or more starships, and 2 or more terraformers (provide that he has enough resource, enough planets to build, still have enough tokens avaiable in his supply... etc)

Or

B) he can build max 1 colony,1 factory,1 starship, and 1 terraformer, which totally maxium 4 items ?

I think the A) is correct. Am I right ?

Besides, the player who is not the build card owner can:
C) build one item of these four items, colony or factory or starship or terraformer .

or

D) build one item each of those four items, which means he can build 4 items maxium.

The correct one should be C), am I right ??

Although the answer seems obvious and make more sense, but there is player in my play group who just argued with me on the wording "build one item each" in the rule book.

My understanding of the wordings should lead to A) and C), but he think that it should be read as D), and make me think that if the answer of first question will become B) also .....

Hope that anyone (if it is offical answer, will be much appericated) could clarify this for us.

Have a nice day and always good game to you all!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very straightforward.

The player who put down the build order can build as much as he likes.

The other players can only build 1 thing, regardless of the resources available to them.

It's really that simple. So both of your initial assumptions are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe JoneS
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Thanks for your swift reply ~laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni L
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingCroc wrote:

The player who put down the build order can build as much as he likes.

The other players can only build 1 thing, regardless of the resources available to them.

And for troublesome players in OP, it's not 1 thing of each, just 1 thing.

This is one simple, yet demanding game with some of the most unambiguous rules I ever played. No need for rules-lawyering of any kind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A and C for sure. Owner my build as much of everything he likes as long as he has resources and figures left to use. Others may build ONLY ONE item.
I have to agrea this game has very clear and simple rules. Yet it's a great game with much depth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lozionica wrote:

And for troublesome players in OP, it's not 1 thing of each, just 1 thing.

This is one simple, yet demanding game with some of the most unambiguous rules I ever played. No need for rules-lawyering of any kind.

If there's one thing I've learned from BGG is that there is no such thing as an unambiguous rule to those who are willing to read every rule to their own advantage. How many countless threads where the most basic and simple rules are debated endlessly?

Too many shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.