Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules as written, there is significant advantages for the player that wins the Player order roll and lesser advantages to those clockwise. They get to chose the better fleet (all fleets are not equal) and they get to re-inforce and attack before the next player.

To address this balance issue:

1/ Determine Player Order as written
but
2/ Select Navies in REVERSE player order.

Thus the player last in the player order gets to pick their fleet first (and so could chose best or prefered fleet).

Comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seastar7 Mercatian
msg tools
Sorry I didn't see your post until I started my Initiative and group play subject.

Similiar idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your idea of determining player order randomly each turn.

A simple way is to have a number of playing cards (1 per player ascending "value") and each draws one, then play in ascending card value order..

It does mean that sometimes a player will play early or late in a few consequative rounds, but it would add spice to who attacks whom..

If you do want to add a bit more uncertainty.. Keep your initiative cards secret until - the player with the card value of 1 shows his card and takes his actions, then the player with the card value of 2 shows his card and takes his actions etc.

thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.