Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

I took it upon me to separate all the counters for MoV from Dathkadan's print PDFs, so that people can use them when they need to without the tedious copy-pasting.

I know that the art is already available in the Vassal module, but the quality is substandard there (for size purposes etc.) and really not usable if you need the token to be "nice". Not to say that my collection is any high-res, but at least the writing on them is quite nice and crispy

All of the token files are named and also contain an abbreviation indicating on which Dathkadan's sheet you can find them, front/back (i.e. Deed - Terror Station - (6b).png, or Infinite Puzzles - (1f).png).

My question is - is there any demand for a ZIP file of these? I would upload them somewhere, as they are 24Mb alltogether...

Sample art (Culture markers around 440px, others 260px):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that people who have the desire to manipulate those counters, probably have access to GIMP or Photoshop.

IMO, the most helpful thing for others, but something that would be a huge project, would be to convert his labels to fit a standard pre-cut round label sheet so that crafters would not need to cut the labels out by hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, with that I could not help as I dont have any specs etc. for that... And also I have other projects under my belt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Riggan
United States
OKLAHOMA CITY
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
Hi folks,

I took it upon me to separate all the counters for MoV from Dathkadan's print PDFs, so that people can use them when they need to without the tedious copy-pasting.

I know that the art is already available in the Vassal module, but the quality is substandard there (for size purposes etc.) and really not usable if you need the token to be "nice". Not to say that my collection is any high-res, but at least the writing on them is quite nice and crispy

As you said, the main reason the art isn't as crispy as it could be is a) because to do so would make the file about twice the size it currently is and b) I only needed the quality to be enough to be recognizable on the map without having to stand up to too strict of scrutiny.
That said, that would have made my job a lot easier when I was separating each individual image file myself for the module.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos to you, Aaron, for making the art for the Vassal module in the first place!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'd be interested in the files. Any chance you could upload them to Mediafire or Dropbox or somewhere similar? (I guess you could split them up and upload them here by categories.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, uploaded to Dropbox, however the link will first be available, when I hear from Dathkadan, that I can share it... Sent him a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Riggan
United States
OKLAHOMA CITY
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I think I may have found a good use for these files which might save a TRUCKLOAD of time and money to make a copy of this game:
http://www.data-labels.com/3rocila.html
This website sells sheets of 3/4 inch circular labels with a Microsoft Word template to format for printing. Use the individual files to put together a printable document and hooray, no more spending hours with a craft punch or a circular cutter to cut out the hundreds of labels required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the sets I sell, I already do that.
If you just want sticker sheets with the stickers, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardshark1029 wrote:
hooray, no more spending hours with a craft punch or a circular cutter to cut out the hundreds of labels required.

Instead, spend those hours aligning hundreds of images to the proper template!

Seriously, it's a great idea, and if only one person would do it and share the files, it would save everyone else some time, but so far no one has volunteered.

Punching with a craft punch isn't that hard and probably only doubles the time per page. Just requires investing in a punch. It's not the hardest part of making a game like MoV.

Edit: There you go!
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
In the sets I sell, I already do that.
If you just want sticker sheets with the stickers, let me know.

Thing is, it's quite handy to have the punches to whip out a prototype or to fix some game chits without the additional overhead of alignment. The print, punch, and go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Riggan
United States
OKLAHOMA CITY
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
@Tim:
I TOTALLY would do that, if I didn't live on the second floor of an apartment building with paper-thin walls. Last thing I really want to do is spend hours hammering away on my floor and bothering my downstairs neighbor. That's actually the primary reason I started looking into the sticker sheets.

@Andrew
That would actually be superb! I'll shoot you a GM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardshark1029 wrote:
@Tim:
I TOTALLY would do that, if I didn't live on the second floor of an apartment building with paper-thin walls. Last thing I really want to do is spend hours hammering away on my floor and bothering my downstairs neighbor. That's actually the primary reason I started looking into the sticker sheets.

Haha, I was punching stickers at my desk just on Thursday, and my wife came down "What the heck are you doing?!" I had to move out to the garage on the concrete floor.

Took me all of 10 minutes to punch 2 sheets of about 100 stickers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.