Jordan
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'm relatively new to the game (have a couple core sets, the Refugees pack, and now Martell and Greyjoy boxes), but I have held off getting any of the chapter packs from the Clash of Arms cycle.

Despite the fact that there are some basic, effective, and ultimately necessary cards in those chapter packs, I can't bring myself to purchase it because of the black borders on the cards. I'm just that neurotic. cry

So, my question: Since I can't seem to find any concrete information about A Clash of Arms being reprinted with fixed borders, do any of you veterans/FLGS owners/distributors/FFG superfans think such a reprint is inevitable? And I know I'm reaching especially far asking this, but any idea on the timetable if it were to happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it happen? Provided the cards stay legal (and there is no reason to think they won't) then yes. However the real question when it does happen will it be anytime soon and will they change the border color. I personally don't expect it anytime soon as the sets are easy to purchase still from what I can tell. I definately wouldn't expect it before next year. We're already getting revised PotS in august/sept and I wouldn't expect any more reprint announcements before that. In which case if it was announced just as PotS was on sale it would take 3-4 months to actually get printed and sold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Christian T. Peterson told me in confidence it will be released next week.

I am totally talking out my ass, i have no idea. But FFG seems pretty tight-lipped about their reprint plans for AGoT stuff. Not sure why, the Cthulhu LCG has had 3x reprints AND some nice older packs (Ancient Horrors, etc.) re-released already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The CoC stuff has been out of print for year or more. The same cannot be said for any of the AGoT chapter packs. I wouldn't expect them to redo Clash for at least a year. When they do however it will almost certainly be white bordered. The white border was a conscious choice by FFG to distinguish the LCG from the CCG, the black border is only legal because the players made a special request and their CEO agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.