Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Earth Reborn» Forums » General

Subject: Proposed Microbadge: Give me your ideas or feedback before I submit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
It's me, the fabulous
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Heya dudes and dudettes,

I'd like to design a new microbadge for Earth Reborn.

My first idea wasn't a good one, and so I'm going to post some additional ideas here as I work them up. Once I get something that people like, I'm going to submit it to the Microbadge approval thread.

Originally I wanted people to honestly vote on the thread, they did and the design did not pass muster. So I'm working up the next design here.

My original post that Sphere and KenToad are replying to is below, but I've changed what the thread is in response to their input.

Quote:

I made a new Earth Reborn Fan microbadge that I am proposing on the thread. I would like to solicit some input from you all.

Unfortunately it has already been rejected once, and I don't know why. So I am asking readers on this board (who are actual fans of the game and actually have a stake in the badge) to go evaluate it. Please give an honest opinion as this is a peer review.

If you reject the badge, or think it needs work, I respect that, but I have a small favor: could you at least post a one-sentence reason why you don't like it? I'm frustrated as heck that the badge was voted down once and I have no idea what to change.

Here's the post, thanks a million for any feedback.

[article=6913473]Click here to be taken to the post.[/article]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Proposed Microbadge Needs Your Input
I think you should simply have discussed it there. That's where the people interested in microbadges approval hang out. Lobbying for votes in the game forum doesn't appeal to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should get an avatar, Daveboy.

I keep seeing your posts without realizing it's you.

Um, yeah, the microbadge looks like a mushroom. Not a fan of having McJuggs' assets as a permanent part of my portfolio. Why don't you focus on her face, with the caption "Reconstructed beings cannot resist me."

Love is in the eyes, Daveboy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's me, the fabulous
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
I think you should simply have discussed it there. That's where the people interested in microbadges approval hang out. Lobbying for votes in the game forum doesn't appeal to me.

Well no one is telling me what I need to do to get it approved over there, so there's that.

And I actually half agree with you, just for the record. At the same time I don't know what's bothering people about it. Too crude? Unrecognizable? From what I've seen only 20 people or so are even reading reading that Microbadge forum and most of them aren't always voting. When I first heard it was "peer-reviewed" I was like, "Ok, this will probably work out great!" But to me 20 people is more like a kingmaker council, just my opinion on that one.

Honestly KenToad's comment above is worth 200 of those polls, it let's me know what people think. His idea is a good one.

This came because I thought that the current badges were a little too generic, but now I am thinking that maybe I went too far in the other direction. Now I'm thinking about doing a Jack Saw badge instead since he's so recognizable and will work better at such a tiny resolution. I tell you what I am going to do, I am going to post the badge here first rather than there, and once people feel good about it I'll submit it to them.

Edit: also I got an avatar now, so at least something good came out of this I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's me, the fabulous
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Alright, here's a Jack Saw microbadge. Does anyone like this better?

I'm thinking the text should be, "Jack Saw is ready! (Earth Reborn Fan)"

Or just go with Earth Reborn fan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.