Napoleon's Triumph» Forums » General

Subject: Can Napoleon’s Triumph be played by 2 - 8 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Itachi Uchiha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I get confused about the number of the players of this game. The information about this game here says 2 - 8. But one of the official websites as below says only 2.

http://www.histogame.de/e_NapoleonsTriumph.html

I'm thinking about the purchase of this game and want to make it clear. Could anybody please tell me the story? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
Well, I've played it with 3, we were going to play with 4 but the other guy didn't show up
I could see 6 players working well enough, and I think there are pics and discussion here on the Geek about multiplayer games being run successfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a two sided game. The multiplayer aspect just subdivides the sides into smaller commands and splits them out among the players and then restricts communications with your fellow commanders to simulate the less than ideal communication and control reality of a 19th century battlefield. So yes, it's primarily a 1 vs 1 game but the multiplayer rules can quickly and neatly allow for some fun multiplayer provided you're OK with a team multiplayer experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Tucker
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
designer
(This space intentionally left blank.)
badge
What is the good life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Multiplayer is a great way to learn/teach the game as well, as each player has less to focus on (and you can get more people hooked at once ). I think that it is fun 1v1 and multiplayer. You can't really go wrong with this one. Just be patient as you assimilate the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uchiha, I hate to be presumptous, but something tells me you might want a copy of Chinese rules. If so, I have already completed translating the rules into Chinese. It is still awaiting approval from my wife, who was a newspaper editor. Once that's done, I'll post it here and at SimmonsGames. I will include two versions: one in Traditional Chinese (in which the translation is done) and one in Simplified Chinese (which requires a font change and minor word choice changes). The ones posted here will sport a different cover art, one I lifted from the internet about Russian Guards taking the Pratzen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More than 2 player is done via team play.

Personally I prefer NT multiplayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

The game is basically a two-player game, but has optional rules for multiple players on a side. I've seen many reports of people playing with as many as six players (three to a side), though I don't remember seeing any with seven or eight.

The multiplayer version seems to be quite popular at clubs and conventions. If you scan BGG, you will find pictures and reports from multi-player games of NT. Those who've tried it often say they prefer it to the two player version. (Your mileage may vary.)

You can download the NT rules from the company site, and read the optional rules to get a sense of them if you like:

http://www.simmonsgames.com/products/Austerlitz/AusterlitzRu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itachi Uchiha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's very kind of all of you. Thanks for sharing your information with me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nagato Fujibayashi

Athens
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group has also tried the team rules and we think the game works great with more than two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.