Fractal Energy
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I have Thunderstone, and mostly play single player. I enjoy it a lot for its dungeon crawlyness. The deck building aspect is also fun, though some of the aspects can make it a pain in solo play (like, if you're familiar with the game, the times when all the big monsters come rushing out of the dungeon on the first couple turns....).

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on DnD Ravenloft or Wrath of Ashardalon single player in comparison to Thunderstone's. I've never played a dungeon crawler with a board/pieces. The most board/pieces adventure kind of game I've played is Last Night on Earth. But I've always kinda been interested and wanted thoughts on the DnD games before diving in.

Any thoughts are appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Thunderstone is a better game overall, but CR/WoA are designed from the ground up for solo/co-op play, so its more aimed that way. However, it doesn't play well with just one character so you really need to play as multiple players each, which can be very hard to manage due to all the cards.

My opinions on a bunch of co-op (and therefore almost all solo) games:
A Crazy Couple's Co-op Guide, Revised 2011 Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.