Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Having recently picked up The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, I have come to the realisation that given the right game, I actually quite enjoy solo gaming. This realisation then presented the obvious question, what other games can I get that scratch a similar itch? Size however is a major consideration. I'd like something I can carry around with me (as I can with LotR:TCG), and I am a resolutely a person who refuses to own a car. I don't really care what size the box is, as I have no great problem tossing a game box if the contents don't justify the space a box takes up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having a similiar issue a few years back, I designed this themed solo game that plays with nothing more than a deck of well-shuffled tarot cards:

http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Tarot-Game-Queens-of-Fate

Queens of Fate
You are a modern day shaman and supernatural champion. Waging your secret war against dark forces intent on reshaping the universe, you also face off against destiny in the wake of an uncertain prophecy that foretells destruction but gives the promise of hope. Across the world, the infant Queens of Fate are being reincarnated into the world. Can you find them before the dark powers get to them?

Fortunately, you are not alone in your task. The Earth contains human beings that are remarkable in their capabilities and unpredictable in their ability to defy the odds and survive the whims of fate. Even those who know nothing of the supernatural world possess resources and capabilities that will help you on your quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you don't mind putting in the work of building a PnP game, you might want to keep an eye on this thread:

Solitaire Print and Play Contest

There are a number of really intriguing games, and they cover quite a bit of ground in regards to theme and mechanic -- just about something for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
Having a similiar issue a few years back, I designed this themed solo game that plays with nothing more than a deck of well-shuffled tarot cards:

http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Tarot-Game-Queens-of-Fate

Queens of Fate
You are a modern day shaman and supernatural champion. Waging your secret war against dark forces intent on reshaping the universe, you also face off against destiny in the wake of an uncertain prophecy that foretells destruction but gives the promise of hope. Across the world, the infant Queens of Fate are being reincarnated into the world. Can you find them before the dark powers get to them?

Fortunately, you are not alone in your task. The Earth contains human beings that are remarkable in their capabilities and unpredictable in their ability to defy the odds and survive the whims of fate. Even those who know nothing of the supernatural world possess resources and capabilities that will help you on your quest.

You should consider adding your game to the BGG database!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Onirim is a good one that I recommend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan McNamara
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been reading good things about Nemo's War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam H
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Every weirdo in the world is on my wavelength
badge
We carry a new world here, in our hearts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pip Count 167 wrote:
I've been reading good things about Nemo's War.

Victory Point games have a number of great solo games. They are also very portable. I sometimes bring one to work to play on my lunch break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
With some printing, Pocket Civ can get some good gaming and replay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Santangelo
Argentina
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Hulk: Death angel is a great card game that plays solo very well, has a small box, and could include another 5 people if you so desired

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. This gives me some very useful pointers for my further research.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.