Cory C
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
badge
100% FUN
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else hoping for future quests directly built around events from the books?

I want to go slam dunk the ring, I want to journey from the shire to Rivendell (Farmer Maggot! Black Riders, Bree) , I want to go through Moria, I want to go There and Back again ...

While the created quests are fine, I really hope we get some lifted straight from the books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
totally

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 players three heroes each perhaps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
CoryC wrote:
Anyone else hoping for future quests directly built around events from the books?

I want to go slam dunk the ring, I want to journey from the shire to Rivendell (Farmer Maggot! Black Riders, Bree) , I want to go through Moria, I want to go There and Back again ...

While the created quests are fine, I really hope we get some lifted straight from the books.

I think that you will find that there is a legal rights reason that this game is set between the Hobbit and the LotR books. So your chance is close to nil.

Things mentioned in passing or hinted at in the books (as some of the quests have already been), sure. But not things from the books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Goodfriend

Berwyn
Illinois
msg tools
mb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:

I think that you will find that there is a legal rights reason that this game is set between the Hobbit and the LotR books.

Do you think this, or do you know this? I've heard this stated before, and would like to know if there's any actual evidence, or if this is speculation.

I, too, do not understand why they would place the timeline where they have. If their license restricts them from printing games during the books, how do we explain, say, FFG: War of the Ring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
BuddhaBob74 wrote:
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:

I think that you will find that there is a legal rights reason that this game is set between the Hobbit and the LotR books.

Do you think this, or do you know this? I've heard this stated before, and would like to know if there's any actual evidence, or if this is speculation.

I, too, do not understand why they would place the timeline where they have. If their license restricts them from printing games during the books, how do we explain, say, FFG: War of the Ring?

I have no personal knowledge whatsoever. But I, too, have seen it stated before, and was just passing that on. It may, therefore, be an urban myth, but somehow I doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't think they want to just rehash the LOTR storyline, that's not very creative. Placing the timeline where they have allows for more creative license. If you try to relive the exact events of the book then you're really limited. Think about it: would you then only use Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin? would you not use any allies that weren't actually in the story? I'm much more in favor of exploring Middle Earth geographically and getting a flavor of places we visit in the books, and even better, getting to explore in depth places that are only briefly mentioned (ie Rhosgobel, Carrock, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
narsil0420 wrote:
I don't think they want to just rehash the LOTR storyline, that's not very creative. Placing the timeline where they have allows for more creative license. If you try to relive the exact events of the book then you're really limited. Think about it: would you then only use Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin? would you not use any allies that weren't actually in the story? I'm much more in favor of exploring Middle Earth geographically and getting a flavor of places we visit in the books, and even better, getting to explore in depth places that are only briefly mentioned (ie Rhosgobel, Carrock, etc.)

Agree 100%. There are loads of games and video games that emulate the books/films. Give us the rest of the good stuff instead, this world is rich and incredible so let's explore it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe some adventures in Fangorn forest where some ents would be neutral/ally and some neutral/enemy depending of players threat count or something.

Secret and hard missions in Mordor, spiing on orcs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.