Nemo's War» Forums » General

Subject: What's the point of... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Buntzly
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The liberation track IF you chose the "explore" goal ?
You need to spend treasures (that give you VP) to earn liberation (that give you VP). To get a little more VP you need to get a 6 on the dice (for instance, if you spend a 3 VP token, you need to get a 6 to get 4 VP). So... what's the use for a X1 in the explore goal ?
I didn't see any action, or card that use the liberation track. It really feels disconnected from the rest of the game. Shouldn't the liberation track gives bonus for combat ? Or bonus for search ? Or anything else that could be usefull for those that pursue an explore goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The liberation track isn't always useful. It depends on what your motivation is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Buntzly
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, for sure. But if it isn't usefull why not putting a X0 ?
What I mean is that there's almost no difference between a X0 and a X1 on the the VP.
And all the other mechanics are usefull for something else (for instance combat can be usefull to an explore goal, even to a science goal)
Moreover, in the triumph description of the "explore" goal, the text speaks about "anti-imperialism" but we didn't even try to liberate during our game.
I really like that game ^___^ And I would like to feel a little more engaged against imperialism. Everything else is good, my wife and me had a lot of dicussions about what to do each time. But she was surprised when I said to her that Nemo was mainly anti-imperialist.

Anyway, I've discovered your games with that one and Levée en masse, and I'm really satisfied It's just that is... the only thing that was strange at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this game is great. Liberation is too hard to raise so I just ignore it, though I'll have to try all motive's eventually and play different ways in future games. I thought a good idea would have been to subtract your "Notoriety" for your final score or at least a portion of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vieuxchat wrote:
Yes, for sure. But if it isn't usefull why not putting a X0 ?
What I mean is that there's almost no difference between a X0 and a X1 on the the VP.
And all the other mechanics are usefull for something else (for instance combat can be usefull to an explore goal, even to a science goal)
Moreover, in the triumph description of the "explore" goal, the text speaks about "anti-imperialism" but we didn't even try to liberate during our game.

Actually I had a situation yesterday where it made some sense. I had chosen anti-imperialism, however I kept drawing wonders instead of VP-treasures. So from a VP optimization point of view I should have changed my motivation to exploration, and that would then have given me a bit of credit for the few points I had managed to accrue on the liberation scale. I didn't do this change, however, for thematic reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.