Popular Tags: [View All]
Graeme McGee
United Kingdom
Upper Cambourne
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Had our first go at this great game tonight.

I had one situation arise where i wasn't 100% sure i was playing correctly, concerning the multiple target tech.

Blue flicked a battleship within range of 3 of green's starships. As blue had the multiple target tech, does that mean that the battleship destroyed all 3 of green's ships (and potentially any number that are in range). So essentially the multiple target tech reduces the enemies defence to 1 for each ship being attacked as long as there are 2 attacking ships (or a battleship) within range?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming no other modifying techs, the battleship would count as 2 attacks (2 starships) vs each starship in range, which is normally enough for a kill.

Multiple target means, yes, all targets in range would be hit. Brutal play!

I don't quite follow your last statement about reducing the enemies defense to 1. They still have their normal defense (which you only calculate for a planet attack).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graeme McGee
United Kingdom
Upper Cambourne
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply.

cornjob wrote:
I don't quite follow your last statement about reducing the enemies defense to 1. They still have their normal defense (which you only calculate for a planet attack).

Sorry. Wasn't very clear was it?

What i meant was that with the multi target tech each defending ship is essentially 'on its own' when it comes to working out attack score vs defence score (i.e. 2+ vs 1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What i meant was that with the multi target tech each defending ship is essentially 'on its own' when it comes to working out attack score vs defence score (i.e. 2+ vs 1).

yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.