Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the middle of a game; I apologize if my search for the answer was too cursory (I'm sure this has been discussed before). This is our first time with the optional cards.

USSR just headlined The Cambridge Five. US revealed Europe Scoring. May it place one influence in any country in the region, or does the card require it to follow normal influence-placing adjacency rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any country. I just checked the card text and it's "add 1 influence," not "spend 1 Operations point adding influence."

As such it follows Decol/Destal et al.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Weed
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
how sweet the sound...
badge
Fear The Hat !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I've never found this very strong as 2 ops will place most places anywhere, unless you need a foothold. I used this a few times early on and got nothing out of it. I would think it is most powerful later in the mid war when you are almost sure your opponent has at least 1 scoring and maybe more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proudly annoying Capitalists since 1959
Cuba
Santa Clara
flag msg tools
badge
Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good headline in Turn 1, when you DON't hold Defectors.

1) it allows for good pitch if your opponent holds either Europe or Asia.
2) if cancelled by Defectors, you will only have lost a 2 OPS card.

You don't want to risk an event like De-stal, Decol on defectors (not that I would consider HL-ing either in Turn 1, but that's a different question.)

Cheers, Haring

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Hendrickx
Belgium
Reet
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weed131 wrote:
Yes, I've never found this very strong as 2 ops will place most places anywhere, unless you need a foothold. I used this a few times early on and got nothing out of it. I would think it is most powerful later in the mid war when you are almost sure your opponent has at least 1 scoring and maybe more.

Sometimes it comes in handy to reveal if your opponent has a scoring cards for this turn... in some cases valuable info...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.