Subject: Play Fairy Tale expansion online rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For anyone who is interested in trying out these cards, I've added 10 of the Fairy Tale cards to my online game: http://kingdom.servegame.org
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Stewart
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome - thanks for letting us know :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Stewart
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, this is awesome.

You just need to make an android app now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'm actually planning on making a mobile-friendly version of the site, that way you could play it on any smartphone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Stewart
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Most excellent!
I found the layout slightly confusing as well, I think I would prefer having the supply pile having a different background to the rest of the 'table' and the same with your hand. Maybe a background image with different zones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah I haven't spent much time on the UI, it could still use a lot of work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Stewart
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to help with a graphical overlay if you like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sure, that would be cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mobile version is available now, just go to the same website and it will auto detect if you are using a mobile phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Stewart
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
YAY awesome :D

Im hoping you can add in the rest of the fairytale cards at some point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's on my todo list, unfortunately I usually only get a few hours a week to work on it, so it might be a while. I also did all the easiest ones to implement first, so the remaining cards will take longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've added Storybook and Quest. I also changed Lost Village to the updated version.

I modified the cards slightly:

Changed Storybook to only allow you to chose victory cards from your hand. This simplified the implementation, and I think it also avoids making victory/action cards like Great Hall too powerful.

Changed Quest to always do the reveal at the beginning of the next turn. It would have been hard to let you reveal at anytime with the online implementation, but also I think the card is overpowered if you can reveal at anytime. I play tested it a couple of times, and it seemed to work really well.

Changed the wording on lost village to specify that you set aside cards instead of immediately discarding them. This allows you to reshuffle your deck if you run out of cards in your draw pile, and works similar to other cards like Library, where you set aside cards until you reach a certain state.

After play-testing Master Huntsman several times, it has been too powerful, so I changed the cost to be 5.

After play-testing Hedge Wizard several times, it was slightly too powerful, so I removed the +1 Action from the next turn bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Donahue
United States
Laurens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a new PDF file with updated cards for at least Master Huntsman and Hedge Wizard? When I playtested this a year or so ago, I commented on Master Huntsman being too powerful for 4, and would like to printout a version that cost 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Stewart
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will definately consider it, after I play test the online implementation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame this got taken down, given that it was the ONLY way (I know of) to try out fan expansion cards. Not only is the official electronic version never going to have these, but it's also very limited being for only one platform. All the ones I know of that got taken down are for Android or PC... and the only electronic version is for IOS. I would understand them doing this IF they made it for less proprietary systems than IOS only.

Anyways, thanks for your efforts Willuknight! It was great for the short time I knew about it (actually only played it once, but I loved it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Stewart
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh? This got taken down?

Thats a shame, it was really fun and yeah, had the fan expansions. Ai was pretty good too. You should put it back up, it's not like you were using card images or anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Henning
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Moosey, What electronic version for iOS are you talking about? I would love to play Dominion on my iPad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.