Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Below is the original (my last) version of the Kaiju Advanced Combat Display cards (minus the tracks). Hope these are helpful:

GODZILLA
Height: 165 feet Weight: 22,000 Tons

FLY: 6 AP (He may do this only once per entire Game. He incurs 3 Hits to do so.)

FLIGHT TRACK 1

BASIC BATTLE: 6 dice (4-6) WITHDRAWAL ABILITY: Dieroll of ‘6’

ADVANCED BATTLE:

ATTACK:
•• Size/Strength (including his Tail) : +1 (for 1 AP)
•• Bite
•• Throw Object (Boulders, Buildings) Must be next to/in Rubble to use.

DEFENSE
•• Size/Strength: -1 (for 1 AP);
•• Repel (Nuclear Pulse; available only when he increases his Size)
•• Bite:
•• Avoid (Godzilla is relatively slow)

ADDED EFFECT: Godzilla’s Tail (Available only if Godzilla has Grown in Size through use of Special Card)
If Godzilla was the kaiju that knocked down (KD) his opponent, any one Level 1-3 building (but not level 4) adjacent (through square, not diagonally) to his tail is destroyed, - Godzilla’s choice and his IP for doing so.

ADDED EFFECT: Red Spiral Breath
This ability accrues to Godzilla if he and Rodan are in the game, and Rodan is killed. The instant that happens, Godzilla now has the Red Spiral Breath Ability.
When Resolving a Fire Attack, Godzilla’s Range is 1-6. However, it also depletes his energy, so add 2 Hits to Godzilla. Cannot be used if Rodan is in the game and is fighting against Godzilla.

SPECIAL CARD ABILITY: Bigger Godzilla: Cost to implement: 3 AP
•• The first time the Special Ability Card is Played for Godzilla he grows to a height of 265 Feet and a weight of 55,000 Tons. He then gains the use of his Repel Ability, his Nuclear Pulse as well as the added effect of Godzilla’s Tail
•• The second time the Special Ability Card is Played for Godzilla, he grows to a height of330 Feet and a Height of 66,000 Tons. He retains all the effects of his previous size plus he now does not have to pay any AP to use the +/-1 DRM for his Size in Battle.

Once Card is played it is discarded.

FIRE STRENGTH (Atomic Breath Ray): 1-4 [See Red Spiral Breath, above)
•• 4 AP to use;
•• Range: 4 squares.

FIRE DEFENSE STRENGTH: -1

RECOVER: +1

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

KING GHIDORAH
Height: 325 Feet Weight 33,000 Tons Wingspan: 490 Feet

This is not the cyborg version, Mecha-Ghidorah

FLY: 3 AP, May use Flight three times during the game.

FLIGHT TRACK: 1 2 3

BASICBATTLE: 4 dice (3-6) WITHDRAWAL ABILITY: Dieroll of 5-6.

ADVANCED BATTLE;

ATTACK:
•• Size/Strength [+1 if Size is increased by Special Card)
•• Hurl Object (Gravity Beams)
•• Bite/Beak

DEFENSE
•• Size/Strength (- 1 if Size is increased by Special Card)
•• Bite/Beak
•• Repel (Gravity Beams. Wing Winds, Absorb Life-force; - 1 (for 1 AP)
•• Avoid

SPECIAL CARD ABILITY: Increase Size/Strength (Cost to Play Card: 2 AP)
When this card is played, King Ghidorah grows to a Height of 492 Feet, a Weight of 77,000 tons, and a wingspan of 575 Feet). This gives him added abilities in both Attack and Defense using his Size/Strength. Card is discarded after Play.

FIRE ATTACK STRENGTH (Wing Lightning): 1-3
•• 3 AP to use:
•• Range is 4 Squares,

FIRE DEFENSE STRENGTH: -1

RECOVER: 0

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RODAN
Height: 165 Feet Mass: 16, 500 Tons Wing-Span: 395 Feet

FLY: 3 AP May use Flight four times during the game.

FLIGHT: 1 2 3 4

BASIC BATTLE: 5 dice (4-6) WITHDRAWAL ABILITY: Dieroll of 4-6.

ADVANCED BATTLE:

ATTACK:
•• Size/Strength (Wings)
•• Claws/Beak Bites
•• Mouth Winds +1 (for 1 AP)

DEFENSE
•• Size/Strength
•• Claws, Bite/Beak:
•• Avoid -1 (for 1 AP)
•• Body Defenses (Chest Spikes)

SPECIAL ABILITTY; FIRE RODAN. Cost to Play Card 4 AP
This card may be used to allow Rodan to grow taller and giving Rodan Fire Strength, a Uranium Heat Beam. Rodan now has this power as long as the player retains the card. Card is discarded after play.

FIRE STRENGTH (Uranium Heat Beam; Available only by Special Card): 1-3
•• 3 AP to use;
•• Range: 3 squares

FIRE DEFENSE STRENGTH: 0

RECOVER: -1

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GIGAN
Height: 213 feet Weight: 27,500 tons

FLY: 4 AP May use Flight two times during the game.

FLIGHT TRACK 1 2

BASIC BATTLE: 5 dice (4-6) WITHDRAWAL ABILITY: Dieroll of 5-6.

ADVANCED BATTLE:

ATTACK:
•• Size/Strength :
•• Throw Object (Razor Discs)
•• Hooked Claws +1 (for 1 AP)
•• Aerial Slam (uses his Anti-Gravity Ability) +1 (for 1 AP)

DEFENSE
•• Size/Strength :
•• Hooked Claws:
•• Body Defenses (Abdominal Buzzsaw): -1 (for 1 AP)
•• Avoid

SPECIAL CARD ABILITY: LASER BEAM Cost to Play Card: 3 AP
This card may be used to give Gigan Fire Strength, using the laser beam from his forehead. Gigan now has this power as long as the player retains the card. Power is available as long as card is kept in hand; if discarded, Gigan loses this power.

FIRE STRENGTH (Laser Beam; available only by Special Card): 1-3
•• 3 AP to use;
•• Range: 3 squares.

FIRE DEFENSE STRENGTH: (Gigan is Encased in Diamond): -2

RECOVER: -1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
GODZILLA

Only 165 feet tall? The big guy is not as big as imagined. The Airbus A380 is significantly longer (over 230 feet from nose to tail).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gittes wrote:
Only 165 feet tall? The big guy is not as big as imagined. The Airbus A380 is significantly longer (over 230 feet from nose to tail).
Big G changed considerably during his lengthy movie career - from 10 to 20 stories high in comparison to the buildings he was knocking down... Part of the 'reinvention' of the series after Godzilla vs Destoroyah
Spoiler (click to reveal)
(Big G died at the end & transferred his energy into Godzilla Jr.)
was to return him to a more suitable size & level of power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Big G changed considerably during his lengthy movie career - from 10 to 20 stories high in comparison to the buildings he was knocking down... Part of the 'reinvention' of the series after Godzilla vs Destoroyah

I remember the America version of the first film put him at 400 feet tall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cinotti
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gittes wrote:
Quote:
GODZILLA

Hmm, I still think the Big G could take the Airbus in a throwdown!laugh

Honestly, Americanizations of Godzilla films are probably best not relied upon for solid info...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a Wiki comparison:

I know Wiki is no certain source of accurate knowledge, but Godzilla is geeky enough to make Wiki a good source

The actual Wiki page is at http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Godzilla
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Honestly, Americanizations of Godzilla films are probably best not relied upon for solid info...

Of course, but obviously the people who imported the film felt he was too small. 400 feet sounds more menacing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the scale comparison Wulf. I grew up with Godzilla 1985, so I can see why I thought he must be bigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the numbers come from the official Toho "statistics" . . .

rhb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
gittes wrote:
he must be bigger.

he/she. Let's not forget Godzilla has a female side, which clearly transpires in her ladylike manners (oh, and in laying eggs too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read trivia somewhere that he kept getting bigger because that makes the models smaller (cuz, you know, the suit is always the same size), which makes for lower production costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ham
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there any way you could explain in detail how this system would have worked? It looks to have a lot more flavor and logic than the current way. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject to correction by Mr Berg, this looks like the early version of playtest material I was briefly involved in. As a comparison, think Lost Worlds with fewer options, but more effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ham
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Subject to correction by Mr Berg, this looks like the early version of playtest material I was briefly involved in. As a comparison, think Lost Worlds with fewer options, but more effects.

That sounds very awesome. If it is at all possible, I would love it if Mr. Berg could explain the process or provide early materials. I know it wouldn't function exactly like Lost Worlds, but the above information remains very intriguing to me. If possible, I'd like to try the original version of advanced combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.