Andy Hopwood
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
New House Rule for Zoom Zoom Ka-Boom.

Whilst playing ZZB at the recent UK Games Expo it was suggested that if someone managed to roll all 6 move dice without matching any up (i.e. no doubles) there should be a bonus. I agreed to this, adding that it didn't matter what the bonus was as it would never happen. After all it had never happened in the last 6 years of playtesting. "Never", as I was about to discover, is a dangerous word.

After discussion the agreed bonus would be an additional 6 spaces on the track. For the last demo game on Saturday I managed to persuade Philip Bolton (you'll see his name credited to a lot of excellent photographs) to play and halfway through he was trailing a long way behind.

Philip had two BOOM cards and was facing a certain explosive fate. He needed 27 points on the dice (remember - no doubles) to overtake his nearest rival - Tim Ellis. He proceeded to roll all six numbers, finished with a flourish and a 6 added the 6 bonus spaces, overtook Tim, Tim collected the Ka-Boom card and received a "KA" which exploded HIS car. Philip survived. Which is why this rule is called the Bolt-On rule.

THE RULE
If any player manages to roll one of each number on the dice and therefore has dice representing this on the ZOOM TRACK (this can be a combination of white move dice AND red ram dice) they get a bonus of 6 spaces which they use immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
playing with the aforementioned Philip Bolton using 'Bolt-On' rule, we all tried but failed to make it work. He still won easily anyway, lucky git

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.