3 Posts

Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attacchi umani /human attacks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Riccardo Civez
Italy
flag msg tools
Visto che il movimento è obbligatorio, una domanda sorge spontanea: gli attacchi degli umani devono necessariamente avvenire DOPO il movimento, come per gli alieni? Perché in questo caso non sarebbe possibile contrattaccare un alieno (dopo essere sopravvissuti con la carta difensiva).

Since every player MUST move, a question arise: human attacks must be done AFTER movement, as aliens do? In this case, it would not be possible for a human to counterattack an alien (after surviving by playing a defensive card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santa Ragione
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Riccardo,
Thank you for asking.
The attack card can be used only during your turn and after moving:
the action of attacking implies movement, you cannot attack in the same spot you were during last turn.

This is to avoid the invincible human situation you just described!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Civez
Italy
flag msg tools
I'm italian, but I'll reply only in english, since you preferred answering in this language.

I don't understand "the invincible human situation"... The cards are single use (and there is only 1 defensive card in the entire deck), so the combination defense+attack is not so common. I will attain to the rules of your answer, but let's analise the two situations:

1) If I am a human, using the rules given in your answer, the defensive card is nearly futile (so why putting only 1 of those in the deck?): I can avoid to die once, but I'm almost screwed in the next turn. The card is useful only if combined with something else (the optimum would be "teleport", but also sedatives or adrenaline can give some more chance of surviving), but if the aliens are smart and tried to draw and keep cards, I'm REALLY screwed.

2) If, otherwise, I (as a human) can attack before moving (wich is in contrast with the rules of "alien attack", but fits perfectly with the rule "you can play an object anytime during your turn"), I have a slight chance of kill at least one of my chasers, and then I just have to hope no other alien is nearby or play my last object (if I have it and it's useful, of course).

So, what situation do you think it's the best, in order to balance the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls