While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

This is not an official thread. I just wanted to ask some questions since it is now less than a month away and I had to miss the last one. Check the link at the bottom here for official updates and links to the threads (none currently June 13th).
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/426670/minneapolis-boardgame...

Questions:

1. Will there be Math Trade? I would love to see one. If not is there another local one going on soon?

2. Does anyone play 18xx and is willing to teach a medium/regular length game like 1830?

OR

I would LOVE to play 2038 and I own it, but I think to play it the group would need at least one or two people familiar with it, or mostly 18xx regular players. I really want to play and like the game, so I think I had best play with experienced people the first time.

3. Jeff (I think) if you still want to trade Kavali and the expansion for Sjoelen I think I'm ready to make the trade (or at least my wife is ready for me to make it). Send me a PM. If its not Jeff and I'm remembering incorrectly, whoever wanted to do this and if you still do, PM me.

I'm looking forward to playing some games this time.

Thanks all!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: July 2011 MBGM (summer July 7, 8, 9) - Questions
I think there was a math trade at the last marathon. Sadly, I missed that one so I would like to see another one soon. I have a few trade worthy items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too, is there a convention this is competing with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minionhunter wrote:
2. Does anyone play 18xx and is willing to teach a medium/regular length game like 1830?

I won't be at the marathon, but in general I'll teach anyone who is interested how to play 18xx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minionhunter wrote:

You might be thinking about CONvergence. It takes place only about 2 miles away from the Marathon hotel, but is the weekend before Marathon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minionhunter wrote:
Hi,

This is not an official thread. I just wanted to ask some questions since it is now less than a month away and I had to miss the last one. Check the link at the bottom here for official updates and links to the threads (none currently June 13th).

Questions:

1. Will there be Math Trade? I would love to see one. If not is there another local one going on soon?

I thought you were done with math trades after Con of the North?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djcack wrote:
minionhunter wrote:

You might be thinking about CONvergence. It takes place only about 2 miles away from the Marathon hotel, but is the weekend before Marathon.

Yep there are a few of us BGG'ers going... more and more of us every year! Hope I can create an established gaming space to tempt the rest of you for future cons! But honestly if people aren't interested in sci-fi/fantasy/anime/videogames than there is no sense in going! For those that are... it's literally one of the best "social cons" in the nation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djcack wrote:
minionhunter wrote:

Hi,

Yep, that's what I was thinking of, people were asking for a math trade for that one too I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
minionhunter wrote:
Hi,

Questions:

I thought you were done with math trades after Con of the North?

Yeah, I did say that. But I also somewhere in there said never say never, and I said never like 14 times.... Plus its more about seeing if there is a direct trade possible with one or two people that usually works out better for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do a custom search for trades and specify Minnesota. I see a few regulars listed in there. For example you have some Kramer games I want I and I have an Epic Duels you want. But there's a lot more listed for me. I don't know if that helps you or not. Otherwise direct trades are hard to find. Math trades work really well, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Erickson
United States
Winona
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sniff....sniff....math trade.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always run one, John. You're so good at it!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I could look through MN people, but people wind up putting stuff in Math Trades that is not necessicarily on their for trade lists. Just the way it works out. Plus my buddy Erik clued me into the relisting feature, so my number one objection to them just goes away (the time required to list things). Other than that I really don't care, if I can list 100 things in like 1 minute, that's cool by me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patrel wrote:

Any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minionhunter wrote:
patrel wrote:

Any news?

Based on the talk in the MSP thread, it looks like a flea market type thing is more likely than a math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djcack wrote:
minionhunter wrote:
patrel wrote:

Any news?

Based on the talk in the MSP thread, it looks like a flea market type thing is more likely than a math trade.

I say whoever starts theirs first gets it. I believe only three or four people have "voted" in favor of either one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.