Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Howell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In trying to find good board games and card games for your family and kids, do you prefer to watch Video Reviews or read Written Reviews?

We'd love to hear you thoughts and have you vote in our poll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2018
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I answered the poll. I like both video and written reviews. I just watched your Abandon Ship video review and I doubt that the game would have been conveyed as well in a written review. But, there are also times when I will seek out a written review because I don't have time to watch the video or I am simply searching for a specific piece of information or opinion about a game. It's easier and faster to search a written review.

Unfortunately, my answer probably doesn't help you decide whether to do the video reviews only going forward or to do a bit of both. I can say that I would probably not spend as much time with your written reviews as your video reviews. But, I'm more likely to check out a written review and skim it even if the game hasn't caught my eye. With a video review, I usually only watch it if the game seems interesting in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Video and written reviews serve different purposes. I recommend your family stick to video when possible as that medium gets across your strongest suit- that you're a family- the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Milanovich
United States
Glendale Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like seeing the pieces that they talk about so I definitely prefer vids. Written is nice for the times you can't play video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Squires
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I always check video reviews first. They tend to give a nice top-level discussion on a game, a clear indication of how it's played, and a good snapshot of what the pieces look like.

If a video gets me interested, I'll look up written reviews to dig deeper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm another in the "both serve a purpose" camp, but if I absolutely had to pick one, then video reviews all the way!

Your video's are awesome, as are GameWithHayden, and theDiceTower.

Video's are great becuase you can see the pieces, see the board and see the game in action. Your video for Hey That's My Fish, and Duck Duck Go, really explained the games far easier then a simple text review would do.

However, text reviews are great for work :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pamela Tan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, definitely videos. Definitely thanks for doing all the vids you've done so far! laugh Would be great if you could state the ages of the kids at the time of the review though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Kato
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Video reviews really help me to see if the components of a boardgame are worth the price. Games are getting more expensive everyday, so I find myself only buying games that are perfect fit for my family. I need to see multiple video reviews of games that look at different aspects of the components and rules before I make any purchasing decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought a number of games after watching your video reviews so keep them coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genghis Ahn
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes You Are Wrong !
badge
Coolest Promo Ever ! Stonewall Lives
mbmbmbmbmb
Written by FAR.

Much less intrusive, can quickly scan, no commercials or ads, less download time, etc........

Unless it is Sara Underwood....or Morgan Webb or C Bails or Haislip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Howell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tankgrlnz wrote:
I've bought a number of games after watching your video reviews so keep them coming!

Thanks for the comments about our videos.
We filmed 6 more reviews last week so we should have some more for you to check out over the next couple weeks - after all the holidays and gift giving times are right around the corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Meyers
United States
Central Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted both. My kids prefer the videos, for what I'm sure are obvious reasons. I like to read because 1) I'm old school and 2) I can't watch videos at work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.