Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I've seen this posted before, but yet another experience has led me to post this in frustration.

I send out a lot of trade requests. Having requests ignored is no longer that big a deal for me. I understand multiple reasons why people don't bother to write back. No biggie.

What I want, however, is the ability to make it so that I can permanently block specific people from ever showing up as potential traders. This isn't personal - it's about not wasting my time!

Case in point: I have twice offered different games to a person for an item that is about half the value of what I would be giving them. Both times denied. I really really wish to never have this person show up as a potential trader. It's not an isolated case. I recently had someone with two games I was interested in turn down an offer to consider some of my TEN games that were on their alleged want list.

These people have their reasons for turning down trades. That's fine. Why can't I block them so I don't waste my and their time ever again?

Please don't recommend math trades. This is a request for a function that is truly needed for the trading system to work better on BGG. In fact, this one improvement might lessen the problem so many people complain about - lack of response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also requested here: Block specific users from proposing trades with you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps related.

I've just started trading again and I've made some offers that didn't fly. I'd like to have the system remember what I've offered to-whom and for-what, and have it show up on the trade match screen.

No reason other than to remind myself, "oh yeah, I already made the offer to that person and they weren't interested".

Not even sure this is possible/reasonable, but I thought I'd ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The system does "remember" but it doesn't make it easy on you. All of those trades are listed in your trade manager under either the 'Declined' or the 'Expired' section. However, you have to look them up. But it would be nice to have some sort of an indication that you've dealt with a potential trader recently. I've been doing a lot of trading in the last 3-4 months and I know what a pain this can be. When trading I usually have 3 screens open to BGG, one for the listing of all potential trades, one so I can look up the user profile of each person I might like to trade with and a final one open to my trade manager so I can look through the lists of declined and expired trades so I don't offer a user the same trade that he didn't respond to 3 weeks ago. So, yeah, it's doable, but it's a major pain in the butt.

How about this? If you are just searching for trades in the trade manager you get a big list that has 4 columns (User, You Want, They Want and Action). Maybe in that Action column, underneath the Propose, Wants and Trades links there could be another section that would list the expired offers, declined offers and accepted offers that have occurred between the two users in say the last 6 months. Maybe something like this to keep the formating the same:

Propose
Wants 166
Trades 113
Expired 2
Declined 0
Accepted 0

Just like in the Wants and Trades line items, each number would be a link that would take you to the specific information. This is all information that already exists, it just needs to be presented in a fashion that makes it easy for the user to get to.

dkearns wrote:
Perhaps related.

I've just started trading again and I've made some offers that didn't fly. I'd like to have the system remember what I've offered to-whom and for-what, and have it show up on the trade match screen.

No reason other than to remind myself, "oh yeah, I already made the offer to that person and they weren't interested".

Not even sure this is possible/reasonable, but I thought I'd ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.