United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maxx_Yazz wrote:
That game can't come out soon enough.

How long until this gets on "The Hotness?" I'm guessing on Wednesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cazantyl wrote:
And there it is already Still a bit of the ways down, but not so far that it won't keep creeping up.

It's not in my Hotness yet. Maybe it got bumped out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bam! I don't know why my cntrl+F didn't work the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the Arkham Horror boardgame, I have all the expansions. I also bought and enjoyed Mansions of Madness. But, how many times are they going to keep going to the well on Arkham type games? I understand why they do it, the Arkham world/genre is well known and will sell games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
I love the Arkham Horror boardgame, I have all the expansions. I also bought and enjoyed Mansions of Madness. But, how many times are they going to keep going to the well on Arkham type games? I understand why they do it, the Arkham world/genre is well known and will sell games.

I really appreciate all the love Lovecraft is getting through Fantasy Flight. It's a theme I enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:

It's not like this is Munchkin where it's the same game with different card titles. The Cthulhu Mythos is incredibly deep, and has been going strong for decades. This will be what, game #3 from FFG in six years... games that have nothing in common beyond theme?

As compared to who knows how many games based on WWII, or whatever else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
palmerkun wrote:
This will be what, game #3 from FFG in six years... games that have nothing in common beyond theme?

#4, if you count The Call of Cthulhu LCG. Not that I'm complaining
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sheppard
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:

I totally agree. YAAG (Yet another Arkham Game) I wish instead of coming out with new games of the same theme. They would release a carrying case for Arkham Horror that fits everything neatly and compactly. I would gladly spend money on that. Or develop a tablet version of the game to help with transportation and setup time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you will always see a certain percentage of FFG's games being related to their big licenses (Lovecraft, Lord of the Rings, Warhammer) not only because they are popular, but because no one else can do those games.

You can see historical Euro themes from many publishers, wargames from many publishers, generic fantasy from many publishers, high science-fiction from many publishers.

If you want to do a Lovecraft game, it's gotta go through FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:

Strictly speaking I don't think that that's true - you have Munchkin Cthulhu, Witch of Salem, Mythos and a bunch of other HPL themed games for a start. Not that they're necessarily any good, but I'm pretty sure HPL became public domain some time ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

Strictly speaking I don't think that that's true - you have Munchkin Cthulhu, Witch of Salem, Mythos and a bunch of other HPL themed games for a start. Not that they're necessarily any good, but I'm pretty sure HPL became public domain some time ago.

Yes, they are! Here are some on audio if you care to listen:

http://www.archive.org/details/collected_lovecraft_0810_libr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jestin Jund
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is certainly exciting but I was really hoping a Mansions of Madness expansion would be rolling out first. In either case, this could be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only thing FFG has ownership of is the use of the "Call of Cthulhu" title for use in published products. The intellectual material (at least Lovecraft's portion, not all the other contributors) is free for anyone to use. Personally, having finished my college degree in game design my first plan is a Lovecraft game of my own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.