Popular Tags: [View All]
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know why, but I woke up last night with these DS card ideas. Maybe something to ponder for a future expansion opportunity?

1. Keep this card. Use it to double the effect of any future Domination card you select. One time use only.

2. Keep this card. Use it to reduce the effect of any future Domination card you select by half. One time use only.

3. Water Pollution - Remove 2 of the water elements on Earth.

4. Volcano - Remove 2 of the grass elements on Earth.

5. Greenhouse Effect - Add 1 sun element to Earth.

6. Deforestation - Remove 2 of the nuts/seeds elements from Earth.

Just something fun to think about!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Low
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, if a bit unthematic (more euro-ish) mechanics for 1 & 2.

Some cards effects cannot be reduced by half or doubled, eg Predator kills 3 of yours? Mass Exodus moves 5 of yours to 3 different tiles? Cold Snap removes an odd number of yours from tundra.... etc.

And if Predator kills 10 assorted cubes, doubling it could be such a huge whammy that it breaks the game. Same for Catastrophe x 2 ! gulp Where would the extra kills come from?? The gene pool? Abortion in the Ice Ages!

And if I use it to double my Ice Age card scoring, SHEEEEEEEESH game breaker !!!!! devil

3, 4, 6 can be a bit asymmetrical, as in you may have to add 3 more cards to remove a coupla the 3 other elements? It's also a doubling of the Depletion action.

5 is purely a specific Abundance action with limitations.

Also, adding 6 cards will lengthen gameplay by a turn (not a good idea for an already long game), unless you remove 6 cards randomly.

I also proposed 5 new cards in my variant thread, but that is to cater for 7 players, so it doesn't specially lengthen the game by 1 extra turn.

Valiant effort though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karenv731 wrote:
Just something fun to think about!

Was the first time too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you would swap out other cards and use these instead. Don't want to make it any longer than it already is. You might not be able to use the double/reduction cards with other cards, guess that's a risk of picking it up. Of course some of these could be pretty disastrous, I just put them out there as ideas. I'm sure others have come up with far better ones than these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There is one way to include more cards in the game and make it shorter. Throw out everything that is not cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Cohen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah... The cards that come with the game do enough damage and/or provide boons as is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.