Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Mathes
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like there are several small things with this game that people think could have been improved, and most of them have been touched on. I would like to call attention to the insert, because it's one of the things that has bugged me. The spot for the cards has finger groves that only go about a quarter of the way down. I can never get all the cards out of that card spot without pulling out the insert, and pressing up from the back. I realize this is a minor quibble, but I just wanted it documented in case someone was taking notes for any future releases.

That said, I do love how snugly the kaiju fit in their respective spots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I noticed that. Also there is no place to put your little bags of chits unless you take the time to stack all of the building tiles up so that there is some room left in the one big compartment.

I hate to chuck it though because as you say, the Kaiju spots are very nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's another fine shining example of an insert mean for shipping the game, not storing it.

See also: Other 100 games I own and pitched the insert for on that basis alone.

Now, I came across this with Last Night on Earth, which also had a plastic insert. I cut out a corner of the insert leaving the useful wells/slots and the open area I created was then large enough for bagged bits.

I'm waiting to play it first before I cut or pitch the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.