Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When does an amphibious assault on a vacant island occur? If the offensive player amphibiously assaults a vacant island with a port or airbase, can he then bring in units through the port or land planes on the airbase the same offensive card? Since a vacant space is not a battle space (unless there is a special reaction), is the island captured during movement or does the capture occur during the battle phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

See 12.1 asp occuppied hex control is gained just before pbm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Could you activate the invading marine and an air unit, invade the vacant island, then move in the activated air unit even though there was no actual batttle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks legal to me. Hex control happens before post battle movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakjck wrote:
Thank you.

Could you activate the invading marine and an air unit, invade the vacant island, then move in the activated air unit even though there was no actual batttle?

Yes, during Post Battle Movement, not during Offensive movement.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark.

I am one of the Grognards, having started with Tactics II in 1965. Even was a playtester for S&T's Ney v. Wellington. I stopped playing board warganes and moved to computer wargames for about twenty years. Got back into board wargames after attending the Heat of Battle conventions at the WWII Museum in New Orleans. While I probably own about 800 games, I have started buying a few of the new designs. Among those are Washington's War and Empire of the Sun. Great games. It's good to be back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakjck wrote:
Thanks Mark.

I am one of the Grognards, having started with Tactics II in 1965. Even was a playtester for S&T's Ney v. Wellington. I stopped playing board warganes and moved to computer wargames for about twenty years. Got back into board wargames after attending the Heat of Battle conventions at the WWII Museum in New Orleans. While I probably own about 800 games, I have started buying a few of the new designs. Among those are Washington's War and Empire of the Sun. Great games. It's good to be back.

Welcome back... glad you are enjoying the games.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.