BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: What's up with Wargamers HQ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy
United States
flag msg tools
Re: Wargamers Headquarters in Ironwood, MI
Does anyone know anything about this site? I clicked on their link in the BGG site. I ordered from them a month ago, they charged my card, sent me a verification email with an order number, and I have yet to receive anything. E-mail and phone messages have not been returned, and now when I try to reach their site I get a "bad request (invalid host name)" error. for the following link http://www.tabletopwargames.net/ which I bookmarked when I placed the order.

I'm starting to wonder if I got scammed. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Humphreys
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made four orders or so in the past from them, and have never had any problems. The most recent order was about 3 months ago. However, I'm not sure if there are any new developments (with the site being down and so forth.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
It's My T.A.R.D.I.S.
badge
Galifreyan is hard to read
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the 30 days I would contact your credit card company about this and I would have them recover the funds the web site

Domain Type TTL Answer
tabletopwargames.net. NS 172800 ns2.distanthorizon.com.
tabletopwargames.net. NS 172800 ns1.distanthorizon.com.
tabletopwargames.net. A 86400 66.117.166.150

Registrant:
Wayne Ozark

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: TABLETOPWARGAMES.NET
Expiration Date: 2015-04-28
Creation Date: 2010-04-28
Last Update Date: 2011-04-29

apparently has not paid its server so you may need to phone them again and let them know you will use the credit card services to recover your funds. And to make matters worse they are only 1 year old.

BostonIrish wrote:
Re: Wargamers Headquarters in Ironwood, MI
Does anyone know anything about this site? I clicked on their link in the BGG site. I ordered from them a month ago, they charged my card, sent me a verification email with an order number, and I have yet to receive anything. E-mail and phone messages have not been returned, and now when I try to reach their site I get a "bad request (invalid host name)" error. for the following link http://www.tabletopwargames.net/ which I bookmarked when I placed the order.

I'm starting to wonder if I got scammed. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RacNRoll Gaming
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have dealt with them many many times in the past 3-4 years ..they are a great bunch of guys so this seems a litle odd.

Have you tried calling them?

(906) 932-6014

Edit: I know they frequent some other sites (one of them as recent as yesterday...I will send them a PM on that site and direct them here...hopefully its just a misunderstanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to OLGS geeklist: http://boardgamegeek.com/listitem/984033?commentid=2177564#c...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RacNRoll Gaming
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI...the phone number is still good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
United States
flag msg tools
@ RacNRoll....yes I have tried calling. It goes straight to voice mail even when you call during their hours of operation per their mail message. I sent them an email as well about three weeks ago as well and have had no response. I even mentioned the order number in the correspondence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RacNRoll Gaming
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I sent Brian a message over at the other website he frequents..hopefully that helps.

I did find out that they had some problems back in the fall...piecing together what I know from what I read...

Their Business Licence had expired while their renewal paperwork was tied up in State Buerocracy in Michigan causing WOTC to cancel their order of the last Heroscape wave when it was released...but they got it cleared up and received their order and shipped out all of their orders. All of these current issues might be more dominoes of things ending/expiring and the guys running the company not being as on top of it as the guy who originally ran it. They are a 2 man operation from my last contact with them...but may be down to one man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayno Ozark
United States
Ironwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
WGHQ ,
Guys bussiness has been really poor as of late . I pulled the website because the hosting fees where more than orders recieved . We still have items for sale on Amazon and Ebay . We are currently (ebay ) building a site there .(http:stores.shopebay.com/wargamershq), You may email us @ lan_nook@yahoo.com . If you have an outstanding order from the old site please let me know your full name and what it was you ordered . I have no access to the old site . When I pulled the hosting the creeps blocked me from the site !The phone number is good for now ,but will be changing that soon . You can sign up for a news letter at the ebay store .I am flattered you guys where concerned enough to post on BGG ! Thanx ! We are out there just at a limited inventory .
Wayno
WGHQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
United States
flag msg tools
Sounds like its just a case of a poor economy messing with a small business. Hopefully we can get this resolved without any further issue. Thanks for stopping in Wayno. I'll be sending you the info you need.

Thanks for all the help everyone....I was reluctant to cry foul without exhausting this last effort for answers. I knew I could depend on the BGG community to come to my aid.

Happy gaming to you all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
It's My T.A.R.D.I.S.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WarGamersHQ wrote:
WGHQ ,
When I pulled the hosting the creeps blocked me from the site !The phone number is good for now ,but will be changing that soon .
Wayno
WGHQ

I find this conceited and really lame, first because before you "pull" the website you download everything so you have the complete website available to you to re-upload to the new host server... if you don't pay the monthly fee they will cut access to the data on the server, and as far as phone numbers go those bill collectors will most likely call the new number, they have been doing this for a long time.
Frankly if Wayno needs your information again, even though the phone has been taking messages it seems that info has been lost...makes you wonder doesn't it?
I wouldn't go on with this, your already past the 30 day mark and Wayno did not say he would refund the credit card or whatever he is using to collect funds, I hope the CC processing agent Wayno is using has been paid, cause that just might be an issue and explains why hes on eBait now for the Paypal processing.
Well that's my 2 cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
United States
flag msg tools
Your opinion is noted Scott. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. The ball is in his court. If he chooses to drop the ball or punt, then we have an issue. Yes I am being extremely lenient so far. I've sent the info to the email he listed. No response today. Hopefully this will all end on a positive note....though I'm not holding my breath. Yes it does make one wonder which is why I started this process in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
It's My T.A.R.D.I.S.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope that it will work out in your favor Jimmy, just watch your dates for the credit card rules, they are rather inflexible about these things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
United States
flag msg tools
Re: Wargamers HQ ?
Well the ball has officially dropped....4 days and no response. Zero, zilch, none. I even sent a PM to his BGG account letting him know I sent him the info. No response to either the email or the PM. Very disappointing and no way to run a business, especially in a down economy. The last thing you want to do is piss off your customer base with poor customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
It's My T.A.R.D.I.S.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BostonIrish wrote:
Well the ball has officially dropped....4 days and no response. Zero, zilch, none. I even sent a PM to his BGG account letting him know I sent him the info. No response to either the email or the PM. Very disappointing and no way to run a business, especially in a down economy. The last thing you want to do is piss off your customer base with poor customer service.

I am unhappy about being correct in this case. It's always nice to be wrong in cases like these. I am hoping you will begin recovery of your funds via your CC if they will do so and this guys bank account hasn't been drained by now.And of course go buy the game(s) at another online store maybe cool stuff inc has what you would like to get.
I also, just because, tried to go to Waynos new eBay store based on his address and no such place exists as of the 20th of June[Oops! This link appears broken.DNS error occurred. Server cannot be found.]

I have seen this many times at different types of commercial online businesses so the red flags were up since I first saw your post.

I hope the rest of your week gets better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
United States
flag msg tools
Well, long story short.....I was able to finally confirm there has been a credit to my account through my card company. That being said, communication and customer service were still extremely poor as there was no contact other than his post here on BGG.

I'm glad I'm not out the money anymore, but I shouldn't have had to run around like this to communicate at all with them.

Thanks again for everyone's help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.