Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules always says that the tech is available the instant it is revealed, so, if you research a tech that grants you a coin, you get that coin immediatly, thus, affecting how many trade you have left after the research.

Combustion let's you destroy a building when one of your units are on top of that building.

In my opinion, the rule says that you must END your movement on top of that building.

It is not a "movement phase only" effect, or it would be outlined in bold: "movement:", like atomic theory is.

So, it is my understanding that you can, only once per turn, destroy someone's building. Including in the turn it is researched, if you want to destroy a building where one of your units ended it's movement, aka where it is when you reveal the research.

Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
It says "Once per turn, when one of your armies ends its movement on a building, destroy that building."

The timing seems pretty specific to me. You destroy the building when your army ends its movement there. When you research Combustion, your armies have already ended their movement, so it is too late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
It says "Once per turn, when one of your armies ends its movement on a building, destroy that building."

The timing seems pretty specific to me. You destroy the building when your army ends its movement there. When you research Combustion, your armies have already ended their movement, so it is too late.

I think that IF it was only on the exact moment that your army ended it's movement, it should say "movement: ..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the tech abilities that use that template are resource abilities, and Combustion isn't a resource ability. Also, compare to Democracy or Engineering:

"Once per turn, you may spend 6 trade during City Management to add 1 coin token to this tech (max 4)."
"Once per turn, when spending hammers from a city, you may split the hammers however you wish to purchase two items instead of only one."

Those are pretty clearly restricted to City Management, but neither of them say "City Management: ...".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotho Tal Ker
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Ian, it points to the end of the Movement phase, not to any other point during the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stalker85 wrote:
I agree with Ian, it points to the end of the Movement phase, not to any other point during the turn.

I would say to the end of a specific army's movement, not the end of the Movement phase, but Ian definitely has it correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlhammond wrote:
Stalker85 wrote:

I would say to the end of a specific army's movement, not the end of the Movement phase, but Ian definitely has it correct.

Ok, so, what if in city manag. someone plays a culture card forcing my army into blockading a building, can I destroy it at the end of that movement or should I wait until the move phase?

And what if my army starts the move on top of the square i want to destroy? Can I end destroy it without moving?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonoso wrote:
Ok, so, what if in city manag. someone plays a culture card forcing my army into blockading a building, can I destroy it at the end of that movement or should I wait until the move phase?

I think you need to wait until movement. That's not the army ending its movement, it's just some extra movement that it was forced to do.

Quote:
And what if my army starts the move on top of the square i want to destroy? Can I end destroy it without moving?

Seems reasonable to me. You just can't then move the army on the same turn since it has already ended its movement before it even began.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.