Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Hansen

Lübeck
Schleswig-Holstein
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jep, this is right. However, the player who played the plot can decide who gets killed and who gets the power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
Twilight struggling to find time to play
mbmbmbmbmb
And what if there is only 1 lord/lady in play? Does the effect triggers only when opponent is "able" to choose 2? And what if they both cannot be killed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you have to choose a lord and lady, it doesn't work if there's only one in play.

Well there aren't any lords/ladies that cannot be killed as a text ability - that's a brutal fact in Martin's universe, but hypothetically if The Power of Blood were also flopped and your noble-crested lord/lady cannot be killed, then your opponent would still choose, but one would claim power and one would not be killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird wording on the card... I am not positive that it works the way you say... But I'm thinking it may have been a ruling rather than just straight text. Red Wedding says "choose and kill one. The other claims 2 power." Technically if a card is CBK you cannot choose it to be killed, which means there is no "other" to claim 2 power since you define other by the one not chosen to be killed. If it said kill one and the other claims to power, or choose one to claim 2 power, kill the other, it would definitely work with no problem.

Is there an actual ruling on this in the FAQ? I know if one is CBK and the other isn't you must choose the non-CBK to die. This is an extrapolation of that scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason you can still choose is because it's separate text. Your opponent is simply choosing two characters and it doesn't matter at that point if they cannot be killed. I am probably wrong, however, since a strict wording of the text would not allow for "the other" to claim power if one of the characters was not killed.

I found this on the forums by ktom, the resident AGoT rules guru; situation 5 would apply here:
"So, your scenarios are:

1. Lord & Lady chosen by opponent. One "cannot be killed." (You must choose the one that can be killed to die. The CBK collects 2 power.)
2. Lord & Lady chosen by opponent. One "cannot claim power." (You may choose either one to die. If you do not choose the "cannot claim power" character to die, it will not get the 2 power. No one will.)
3. Lord & Lady chosen by opponent. Once "cannot be killed." The other "cannot claim power." (You must choose the "cannot claim power" one to die because "cannot be killed" prevents you from choosing it to die - has nothing to do with the "cannot claim power". CBK character will claim 2 power.)
4. Lord & Lady character chosen by opponent. One is both "cannot be killed" and "cannot claim power." (You must choose the other one to die, but the combined CBK/no power character will not get the power.)
5. Lord & Lady character chosen by opponent. Both are "cannot be killed." (You cannot choose either one to die. Since no choice is made, there is no "other" and while neither dies, there is no power gain, either.)
6. Lord & Lady character chosen by opponent. Both are "cannot claim power." (Either one can be chosen to die, but no power can be gained."

Sorry for misleading in my previous response...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was what I was talking about. Your opponent chooses one lord and one lady. You then choose one to die. If you cannot choose one to die because both are CBK then there is no "other" to gain power. Cool, it is nice to know I was on the right page with that.

Ktom is pretty much thee authority in the game who is not named Nate French or Damon Stone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.