Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronny Eftevåg
Norway
Drammen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi.

a) can a player build 2 links that connects the same two cities/towns? (Using up hexes and city/town entries to keep others away (or at least increase others cost))

b) does a players tracks/links have to emerge from his already exsisting network? Hmm, rephrasing: Must all tracks built by a person need to be connected to eachother? Hmm, hard to get this question 100% correct, but I think you get my point?

c) & d) same two questions but change the game to Railways of the World?

Thnkxs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gorf wrote:
hi.

a) can a player build 2 links that connects the same two cities/towns? (Using up hexes and city/town entries to keep others away (or at least increase others cost))

Yes.

Quote:

b) does a players tracks/links have to emerge from his already exsisting network? Hmm, rephrasing: Must all tracks built by a person need to be connected to eachother? Hmm, hard to get this question 100% correct, but I think you get my point?

No. This is in the English rule book, page 6: "Your railway network need not be built entirely of contiguous connecting links (but this is often a successful strategy)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross G.
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Wisdom begins in wonder.
badge
Stale pastry is hollow succor to a man who is bereft of ostrich.
mbmbmbmbmb
a) Yes. Note though that you cannot build a loop that begins and end in the same city without passing though another city/town.

b) No. You can build all over the map. However, every link must connect to a city either directly, or through your own network (ie, you can't build a link between two town you weren't already connected to.

I believe these are both also true for Railways of the World, but someone else would have to confirm that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronny Eftevåg
Norway
Drammen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok,
thanks to both of you!

follow-up question for b)
- So where can a player build his tracks? Anywhere? If not, claiming unowned links might be hard?

edit: Sorry, I was too quick, the answer was already posted ... so let me answer it myself:
When building a link, it must either:
a) connnect to an exsisting link of yours, or
b) a city (not town)
(or both of course).

So, an unowned link (previously yours), more than 4 hexes away from a city and 'enemy' links, is "safe"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gorf wrote:

When building a link, it must either:
a) connnect to an exsisting link of yours, or
b) a city (not town)
(or both of course).

So, an unowned link (previously yours), more than 4 hexes away from a city and 'enemy' links, is "safe"?

It's option c) that complicates your scenario: c) a town that links back to a city, where you have a link from the town to the city.

Consider:

City ---you--- Town --- IL

...where IL is an incomplete link. You can come back anytime you like to reclaim it, as you can trace track back to a city. I would have to build my own link to the town from the city to claim it, or Urbanize the town and jump onto it that way.

I hope that helps!
Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronny Eftevåg
Norway
Drammen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Got it now. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.