Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to make something clear right away: I don't know if I will finish this game in time for the Synergy Design Contest/ I would like to, I just can't guarantee that I will, especially since we have family coming to visit this weekend.

Case File #415 is a cooperative game of investigation and puzzle-solving for one to four players. The players take on the role of American FBI agents trying to solve a kidnapping case. Cynthia Durham, age nine, has been kidnapped. There are four likely suspects. Each turn, players select who the most likely suspect is and turn up an investigation card. That card will indicate how to move a suspicion token around the 7 x 7 board--either towards or away from one of the four suspects. If the suspicion token moves towards the suspect that a player chose, that player receives an investigation token. If the suspicion token moves away from the suspect that a player chose, that player receives nothing this turn.

The first half of the game can end in one of two ways:

--If the suspicion token ever reaches one of the four corners of the board, the suspect indicated is the culprit, and the players must then solve the mini-game puzzle to either catch the perpetrator or to rescue Cynthia.

--If a player receives ten investigation tokens, then whatever quadrant of the board the suspicion token is in indicates the culprit. In the event that the suspicion token is in the center of the board or within a lane between two quadrants, the player who achieved ten tokens selects the culprit from the possible candidates.

Once the guilty party has been determined, the players must then solve a puzzle to either capture the kidnapper or rescue Cynthia. Each of the four suspects has his or her own mini-game that will force players to use their heads, push their luck, and/or spend the investigation tokens they built up in order to win.

The prototype is NOT complete and the game has received absolutely no testing. I am NOT confident that it will be done in time for the contest, but I plan on finishing the game even if it is not ready for submission.

You can see what I'm working on here. The last page shows components from one of the end-game puzzles. Also, for some reason the borders of the cards didn't show up. I'll be sure to fix that. [edit] Fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently it didn't take the first time I changed the privacy settings on the files. They should be visible now. I doubt I'll have much of a chance to work on them this weekend, since my mother-in-law and brother-in-law are visiting, but I'm hoping to at least start on writing up the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.