Edward Montgomery
United States
Moraga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornucopia is my favorite Dominion expansion so far. It encourages a style of play I prefer: building a deck with one of everything. This style of play can work well with some card sets; with Cornucopia it becomes the dominant strategy. Every card in the expansion encourages this (except Fortune Teller), but the big winner is Menagerie. This is now my favorite Dominion card (take that, Golem!)

Hamlet allows you to discard two cards (with benefits). This chains really well with Menagerie, as you can dump your duplicates.

Fortune Teller is a boring attack which I rarely purchase. Yes, it is fun to consider combining it with Rabble and Ghost Ship.

Menagerie is the glue of this expansion. +1 action +3 cards is amazing. In a situation where it can get that benefit it is more than twice as good as a Laboratory, and Labs are very popular 5s. At 3, with the right layout to exploit it, this card is a game changer.

Farming Village is fine. It’s a counter to Fortune Teller, Ghost Ship, Rabble, Bureaucrat, etc. Works well with Secret Chamber. Makes sense as a cost 4 village.

Horse Traders is an amusing counter against deck size attacks, is nice early (to get to Gold), nice late (to discard Provinces for extra coin and a buy), and nice with Menagerie (to discard duplicates). Works best with larger hand sizes (Menagerie, Hunting Party).

Remake is a fantastic early buy. Another in the Remodel family of non-terminal terminal cards, in that you can risk buying it with another terminal in your starting buys, and just Remake the other terminal if they are drawn together. But turning two Estates into Silvers on turn 3, or just one, and trashing a Copper, boy, that’s a great start.

Tournament is cute, and can add unique cards into your deck, thus increasing variety. The subtleties of the Tournament strategy are nicely balanced, as is the norm with Dominion.

The Young Witch has a similar impact as the Horse Traders. The ability to discard two cards can intersect nicely with the Menagerie. The extra defense offered by the Bane makes it unlikely that anyone will get swarmed under by Curses from this, too. Instead it tends to add a sprinkling of Curses, again, fitting the theme.

Harvest is a darned good card, and again accentuates the strength of the theme here.

Hunting Party opens up new tactics very early, and increases variety in the hand. It intersects really well with Tournament, too, since if you’ve got one of the two requisites (Tournament, Province) it can help you find the other.

Jester is a hoot. I don’t worry about it, but I like buying it occasionally just to annoy my opponent.

Fairgrounds, well, that certainly rewards the theme to the maximum! I recently won a three player game on isotropic while buying no Provinces. 8 Fairgrounds, 15 unique cards and a bit of other stuff was plenty as my opponents split the Provinces 7/5 and ignored the Fairgrounds.

The prizes are a just reward for winning a Tournament, without making it impossible to win without them.

This is a wonderful expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Edge wrote:
Cornucopia is my favorite Dominion expansion so far. It encourages a style of play I prefer: building a deck with one of everything.

Eww. This is exactly why I didn't buy it: I heard the rumors.

And it looks like they were true.

Enjoy your copy, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Olivier, Sr.
United States
North Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like a love-it-or-hate-it type of expansion, but it also sounds VERY faithful to Dominion's 'roots'. One thing that I was hoping to see in your review is not so much a card-by-card description, but how well does it play? Also, your mention of Golem betrays you as an 'Alchemy' fan...what are your thoughts on that expansion? If you have only one or two cards come up in a 'randomized' set, would they get largely ignored?
I guess my chief concern is the complaint I hear so much concerning 'Alchemy'...that you need to have no less than 2 or 3 cards in the setup to make it worth using because of the potion card. I know there's no 'Potion' card to throw a monkey wrench into this set, but does the 'variety' theme render some of these cards useless unless supported by having 'x' number of cards from the set in play.
Personally, I look forward to the challenge of balancing a diverse deck of cards with the need to stock up on the most useful ones. I love Doninion, but one of its shortfalls is that despite having over 125 different kingdom cards to choose from, you use 10 at a time and of those 10, only three or four will be drafted by a player regularly. This denigrates the game into figuring out which 3 or 4 are the dominant ones in a given setup.
As it stands, I have the original Dominion and Intrigue. My plans are to pick up Seaside, then Cornucopia. (I know many people rate 'Prosperity' as the best expansion, but after much research I see that Seaside has more of what I like about Dominion. I doubt that I'll ever have ANY interest in Alchemy).
One question: Does 'Fairgrounds' allow you to count cards bought from the Black Market deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bestley
England
Croydon
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
rantinronrevue wrote:

One question: Does 'Fairgrounds' allow you to count cards bought from the Black Market deck?

Yes it does and it makes Fairgrounds more powerful

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The nice thing about Cornucopia is that most of its cards integrate fine with other expansions.

Farming Village is a very nice village upgrade.
Jester is a good attack (better with more player).
Horse Traders is a good early accelerant and nice bonus against attacks, although it's still not moat.
Tournament of course can be used anywhere with no restrictions.
Remake is a good early card that will probably clog you up later unless you're in a curse-heavy environment.

Really, Menagerie and Harvest are the hardest cards to play with if you're not going for diversity, but there's no reason you can't go for diversity if they show up with a lot of other cards. Fairgrounds is pretty easy to make 10 cards = 4 VP even without trying (4x victory incl Fairgrounds, 3x treasure... need 3 other cards... not too hard, curse counts too)

Overall I find that the theme is subtle enough that the cards can just be integrated and give you extra variety. If you're more the fan of 20-card action chains followed by buying 3 colonies, this probably isn't the set for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Montgomery
United States
Moraga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rantinronrevue wrote:
This sounds like a love-it-or-hate-it type of expansion, but it also sounds VERY faithful to Dominion's 'roots'. One thing that I was hoping to see in your review is not so much a card-by-card description, but how well does it play? Also, your mention of Golem betrays you as an 'Alchemy' fan...what are your thoughts on that expansion? If you have only one or two cards come up in a 'randomized' set, would they get largely ignored?
I guess my chief concern is the complaint I hear so much concerning 'Alchemy'...that you need to have no less than 2 or 3 cards in the setup to make it worth using because of the potion card. I know there's no 'Potion' card to throw a monkey wrench into this set, but does the 'variety' theme render some of these cards useless unless supported by having 'x' number of cards from the set in play.
Personally, I look forward to the challenge of balancing a diverse deck of cards with the need to stock up on the most useful ones. I love Doninion, but one of its shortfalls is that despite having over 125 different kingdom cards to choose from, you use 10 at a time and of those 10, only three or four will be drafted by a player regularly. This denigrates the game into figuring out which 3 or 4 are the dominant ones in a given setup.
As it stands, I have the original Dominion and Intrigue. My plans are to pick up Seaside, then Cornucopia. (I know many people rate 'Prosperity' as the best expansion, but after much research I see that Seaside has more of what I like about Dominion. I doubt that I'll ever have ANY interest in Alchemy).

I like all the Dominion expansions. Each of them has forced me to look at the game in a new way. This is the first one that has accentuated my normal playing style; one which has fought an uphill battle on many kingdom layouts. There are many layouts where only a few of the cards seem viable. I delight in making use of more of those cards; even in random kingdoms I find that is more possible than many people imagine. Cornucopia makes that easier.

Menagerie and Harvest are going to rock if there are trashers. They don't need support from the other Cornucopia cards. They just needs a way to avoid hitting duplicate Copper and Estates. For Menagerie, anything that lets you discard would help, as well, like Secret Chamber with an extra action.

Remake is a marvelous first turn purchase, regardless of the presence of other Cornucopia cards. The Young Witch and Horse Traders like larger hand size; other expansions make that easier than Cornucopia does. Horse Traders is a great counter against attacks not in this expansion (Militia, Goons, Ghost Ship).

Really, while the cards in the expansion play well together, they work just fine as the only one from their expansion in a given kingdom.

This expansion specifically addresses your stated desire to balance a diverse set of cards versus stocking up on the most useful ones. I think you'll like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Edge wrote:
Cornucopia is my favorite Dominion expansion so far. It encourages a style of play I prefer: building a deck with one of everything. This style of play can work well with some card sets; with Cornucopia it becomes the dominant strategy. Every card in the expansion encourages this (except Fortune Teller), but the big winner is Menagerie. This is now my favorite Dominion card (take that, Golem!)

I strongly disagree with this statement. The only card in the entire set that works best with a "one of everything" strategy is Fairgrounds. "Encouraging/Rewarding Variety" is not the same as "Buy One of Everything".

Let's look at the other "variety" cards in the set:
Menagerie - There are plenty of ways to ensure that you have no duplicates in your hand. Buying one of everything is probably the weakest approach. You can discard cards (i.e. Warehouse, Hamlet, Cellar to a lesser degree). You can trash cards (i.e. Upgrade). Your opponent can force you to discard (i.e. Militia, Goons). You can set aside cards (i.e. Haven, Island). You can play non-terminal actions, especially ones that don't allow you to draw a card, possibly followed by other non-terminal actions (i.e. Native Village, Festival). Have I forgoten anything?

Harvest - Even when you aren't focused on variety, you will still usually end up with 6 or more different cards - Estates, Provinces, Copper, Silver, Gold, etc. Early in the game, you will probably just hit Estates and Coppers with Harvest making it worth only $2. As the game progresses, it will usually be worth $3 - rarely $2 and occasionally $4. Is it worth it to throw a ton of random cards in your deck to make this worth $4 more often?

Horn of Plenty - Let's assume you are just playing a Smithy deck with a few Horns. Eventually, your buying phase will consist of Copper, Silver, and Gold in play after you played a Smithy. Throw in the Horn and you can get a $5 card - piece of cake. Nice for an extra Duchy late in the game. How about the longer action chains? Those usually consist of 2-3 different cards - at least 1 action provider, a card drawer, and some other useful action. Throw in the Horn and you can gain Golds or better relatively easy. Now let's throw in one of everything. Chances are there are a lot of relatively useless terminal actions and you won't be able to play more than 2-3 different actions that turn anyway. So how does that help?

Hunting Party - If you try to use the Hunting Party in the same way as a pure Lab strategy, you probably won't do as well as multiple Hunting Parties will eventually end up with you drawing a single card each time instead of two. Once you add a useful extra action or two, Hunting Party really shines as you can almost guarantee that the action will be played every turn (Possession anyone? ninja). I don't see the advantage of filling your deck with 9 other different actions.

So if you are avoiding Cornucopia because you don't like the "one of everything" strategy, don't let it fool you! More often than not, people that try buying one of everything will still lose, even with Cornucopia cards available. Remember, "Encouraging/Rewarding Variety" does not equate to "Buy One of Everything"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Montgomery
United States
Moraga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beaveman wrote:
Edge wrote:

I strongly disagree with this statement. The only card in the entire set that works best with a "one of everything" strategy is Fairgrounds. "Encouraging/Rewarding Variety" is not the same as "Buy One of Everything".

Let's look at the other "variety" cards in the set:
Menagerie - There are plenty of ways to ensure that you have no duplicates in your hand. Buying one of everything is probably the weakest approach. You can discard cards (i.e. Warehouse, Hamlet, Cellar to a lesser degree). You can trash cards (i.e. Upgrade). Your opponent can force you to discard (i.e. Militia, Goons). You can set aside cards (i.e. Haven, Island). You can play non-terminal actions, especially ones that don't allow you to draw a card, possibly followed by other non-terminal actions (i.e. Native Village, Festival). Have I forgoten anything?

Harvest - Even when you aren't focused on variety, you will still usually end up with 6 or more different cards - Estates, Provinces, Copper, Silver, Gold, etc. Early in the game, you will probably just hit Estates and Coppers with Harvest making it worth only $2. As the game progresses, it will usually be worth $3 - rarely $2 and occasionally $4. Is it worth it to throw a ton of random cards in your deck to make this worth $4 more often?

Horn of Plenty - Let's assume you are just playing a Smithy deck with a few Horns. Eventually, your buying phase will consist of Copper, Silver, and Gold in play after you played a Smithy. Throw in the Horn and you can get a $5 card - piece of cake. Nice for an extra Duchy late in the game. How about the longer action chains? Those usually consist of 2-3 different cards - at least 1 action provider, a card drawer, and some other useful action. Throw in the Horn and you can gain Golds or better relatively easy. Now let's throw in one of everything. Chances are there are a lot of relatively useless terminal actions and you won't be able to play more than 2-3 different actions that turn anyway. So how does that help?

Hunting Party - If you try to use the Hunting Party in the same way as a pure Lab strategy, you probably won't do as well as multiple Hunting Parties will eventually end up with you drawing a single card each time instead of two. Once you add a useful extra action or two, Hunting Party really shines as you can almost guarantee that the action will be played every turn (Possession anyone? ninja). I don't see the advantage of filling your deck with 9 other different actions.

So if you are avoiding Cornucopia because you don't like the "one of everything" strategy, don't let it fool you! More often than not, people that try buying one of everything will still lose, even with Cornucopia cards available. Remember, "Encouraging/Rewarding Variety" does not equate to "Buy One of Everything"!

Fair enough. Using the phrase "buying one of everything" was sloppy and lazy of me. I should remember how literal gamers are (we read rules, you know.) Even with Fairgrounds you need to acquire cards that are useful in other ways, except perhaps right before the end of the game. The early acquisition of too many terminal actions isn't a good idea regardless.

On the other hand, you know you've really got your Menagerie chain going when you resent that second Gold in your hand! I've even discarded a duplicate Gold so I could draw 3 instead of 1. Of course, I had a good idea as to what was going to be drawn, but it does bring in a new twist, and viable strategies which I really like.

These aren't the same action/draw infinite chains, either. They play faster, and I find that with a healthy number of Cornucopia cards in the mix, they don't tend to branch as much, either. There is no card in Cornucopia (except the Followers prize) that gives a pure +3 cards, nor are there as many extra +2 action possibilities (Hamlet requires a discard). Playing Menagerie when you have no duplicates is a no-brainer (almost always), so the chains just seem to resolve faster.

Well, except when playing with my good friend who comments on every card that he turns over during any of the "draw until you get something specific" resolutions. Hunting Party, Golem, Library, Adventurer, ... I think he just does it to be annoying and slow, too. Sigh.

Yes, the Horn of Plenty is great. It can even provide a reason to keep a single Copper in your deck. I bought a Potion once, very late, to feed my Fairground. The next reshuffle brought it into play with a big hand, and playing the Potion allowed me to get an extra Province with my Horn. Although I have made the mistake of trashing my last Horn of Plenty to get a victory card on the last turn, and watched my Fairgrounds value plummet as a result. Ouch.

I always turn off point counters when I encounter them online. I wonder if that discourages my opponents from buying Fairgrounds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
badge
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
mbmbmbmbmb
I normally prefer a strategy with minimal variety so this seemed very unattractive. After buying this and playing about 20 games it is now a favorite with Prosperity and Seaside. I liked that thinking of ways to increase variety was rewarded.

So, take it from someone who was very unexcited by the theme, this set is very very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
Redward wrote:
I normally prefer a strategy with minimal variety so this seemed very unattractive. After buying this and playing about 20 games it is now a favorite with Prosperity and Seaside. I liked that thinking of ways to increase variety was rewarded.

So, take it from someone who was very unexcited by the theme, this set is very very good.

Would you mind elaborating? I've been very opposed to the thought of Cornucopia for the same reason. What do you like about it? How is more than just (the total caricature, probably) "collect one of each card to win"? How are combos changed?

It's not your review, I know, but I'd love to hear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
Redward wrote:

Would you mind elaborating? I've been very opposed to the thought of Cornucopia for the same reason. What do you like about it? How is more than just (the total caricature, probably) "collect one of each card to win"? How are combos changed?

Well, I'm neither the reviewer nor the commenter, but here's my take.

The interesting challenge is to build a deck with variety that's actually usable. If you just randomly buy one of each card, your deck will crash and burn. And really, unless you're playing Fairgrounds, you don't need one of every single card. The degree of variety you want or need depends on how you're building and playing your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
jeffwolfe wrote:
HuginnGreiling wrote:
Redward wrote:

Well, I'm neither the reviewer nor the commenter, but here's my take.

The interesting challenge is to build a deck with variety that's actually usable. If you just randomly buy one of each card, your deck will crash and burn. And really, unless you're playing Fairgrounds, you don't need one of every single card. The degree of variety you want or need depends on how you're building and playing your deck.

All right, all right, I ordered it, after looking at scans of the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
All right, all right, I ordered it, after looking at scans of the cards.

Another gamer falls off the wagon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i was really grumpy the firs time i played this because it forced me to change my old game plan - which on reflection was a good thing - i love that there are so many cards the game is always fresh and new and interesting..with this in mind i like this new set..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played about 10 games this weekend with a very experienced group.
All our games were random set-ups with at least one cornucopia card in the set. The only problem we came across (and this was only really an issue for one of us) was that Fairgrounds seemed like a 'must buy' card when it appeared (similar to Chapels in absence of Chapel breakers or certain Gardens set-ups). Otherwise the Cornucopia cards were appealing and synched in well with other cards. Recognizing the benefit of a Courtyard on a Menagerie in an action heavy set up was a nice discovery of mine. Also, the Farming Village is a hot card! We found the Young Witch to be weak (almost a dead card) unless the Bane was a dog! With Swindler as a bane she was worthless - with Embargo as the bane she eventually distributed all of the curses (and the winner won with 6 points that game).

Overall, Cornucopia adds a nice variety of cards - but unless you are playing a full Cornucopia set-up, we didn't find them disruptive in a 'buy one of everything' sense (except for Fairgrounds which is possibly underpriced).

Edited: grammar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Challst wrote:
All our games were random set-ups with at least one cornucopia card in the set. The only problem we came across (and this was only really an issue for one of us) was that Fairgrounds seemed like a 'must buy' card when it appeared (similar to Chapels in absence of Chapel breakers or certain Gardens set-ups). Otherwise the Cornucopia cards were appealing and synched in well with other cards. Recognizing the benefit of a Courtyard on a Menagerie in an action heavy set up was a nice discovery of mine. Also, the Farming Village is a hot card! We found the Young Witch to be weak (almost a dead card) unless the Bane was a dog! With Swindler as a bane she was worthless - with Embargo as the bane she eventually distributed all of the curses (and the winner won with 6 points that game).

Overall, Cornucopia adds a nice variety of cards - but unless you are playing a full Cornucopia set-up, we didn't find them disruptive in a 'buy one of everything' sense (except for Fairgrounds which is possibly underpriced).

Fairgrounds being a "must buy" sounds like group think to me. If you focus on building a Province engine, you should be able to clean out the Provinces before the Fairgrounds players get 12 other differently named cards as well as several Fairgrounds to get the Fairgrounds worth the same as a Province. Definitely not underpriced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to see Young Witch be worthless, Lighthouse is the Bane you want. In your hand? You're safe! Now play it on your turn, and you'll be safe the next time, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lab Gnome
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
So far I have really enjoyed it. I am not usually a variety player so it is nice to do something different and be rewarded for it.

I also like Tournament and the prize system. But this probably is because it rewards my philosophy of grab a province as soon as you can whereas some people or setups you keep an even stronger economy going before you purchase provinces (high buy, high money (or action chaining)). But, I just like the idea of unique cards, it's like a new flavor of black market that way I suppose.

However, in random games sometimes it doesn't necessarily encourage variety! For example if your deck is littered with only 1-3 card types and then maybe one copy of something you really want every turn Hunting Party can actually encourage you to have less variety just to ensure you get that one card every turn (assuming you buy up the HP). Just a thought.

It is my favorite currently, probably because of the newness factor (and I think the presets the designers recommend are really nice). But even when enough time passes I think it will be one of my favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lab Gnome
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Beaveman wrote:
Challst wrote:

Fairgrounds being a "must buy" sounds like group think to me. If you focus on building a Province engine, you should be able to clean out the Provinces before the Fairgrounds players get 12 other differently named cards as well as several Fairgrounds to get the Fairgrounds worth the same as a Province. Definitely not underpriced.

Well, one thing I like about this game is "it depends". I agree it is not underpriced myself but may not necessarily suggest it is overpriced either.

Provinces are not always the way to go. In a setup with +buy and cheaper cards it can actually be a must have. Tournament and Black Market can also switch things up significantly too!

Fairgrounds would be less worthwhile of course in no extra buy early province grabbing games. I have seen it go both ways so far so I would say it is pretty much where it should be.

I agree that generally the Young Witch seems to be lacking in ooomph though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LabGnome wrote:
Fairgrounds would be less worthwhile of course in no extra buy early province grabbing games. I have seen it go both ways so far so I would say it is pretty much where it should be.

This weekend, I was playing in a game where somebody went for a Fairgrounds strategy, and I started a Province rush (in a four player game) by remodeling a Gold to Province relatively early. It was uncertain whether we could drain Provinces before our decks all stalled, but we did manage it and the Fairgrounds player lost badly. He only had 13 different cards and not many Fairgrounds. I had a Fairgrounds and exactly 10 different cards, including a couple of Curses, so it worked out for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Montgomery
United States
Moraga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LabGnome wrote:
Beaveman wrote:
Challst wrote:

Well, one thing I like about this game is "it depends". I agree it is not underpriced myself but may not necessarily suggest it is overpriced either.

Provinces are not always the way to go. In a setup with +buy and cheaper cards it can actually be a must have. Tournament and Black Market can also switch things up significantly too!

I agree that generally the Young Witch seems to be lacking in ooomph though!

In support of the Young Witch:

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201107/12/game-2011071...

Bane is Native Village; my opponent got 6 of them. He also hit his Treasure Maps on turn 6. The six Curses I dealt him via the Young Witch is the only thing that kept me in the game. Even with them coming back to me via Masquerade they did their job of slowing him down. Draw 2 / Discard 2 can be pretty sweet, as well, in the right setup. Churns thru your deck quite well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.