Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
BRUINS!! BRUINS BABY!! BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nieman
United States
Simi Valley
California (CA)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to the Bruins. Boy. They handed the Canucks their asses in Game 7, didn't they?

On a side note, I found the Vancouver fans in the arena very discerning in their choice of booing. When the Star Spangled Banner plays, dead silence. When Gary Bettman walks out to announce the MVP, chorus of booing.

It's good to know that Vancouver knows when to give respect and when to take it away.

And again, congrats to the Boston Bruins. First time they'd won the Cup since I was a wee laddie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dante_Cubit wrote:
Congrats to the Bruins. Boy. They handed the Canucks their asses in Game 7, didn't they?

On a side note, I found the Vancouver fans in the arena very discerning in their choice of booing. When the Star Spangled Banner plays, dead silence. When Gary Bettman walks out to announce the MVP, chorus of booing.

It's good to know that Vancouver knows when to give respect and when to take it away.

And again, congrats to the Boston Bruins. First time they'd won the Cup since I was a wee laddie.

On the other hand.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/16/sports/vancouver-fans-take...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
my girlfriend just missed seeing them arrive at North Station (which is where the TD Garden also is) as her train was real late.

anyone know when the parade is scheduled for yet? she wants to make sure to work from home that day as it will be crazy!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Saturday morning at 11! Starts at the Garden and goes to Copley!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Luce wrote:
Saturday morning at 11! Starts at the Garden and goes to Copley!

thanks, also been meaning to post update... really bad time imho... sox game is at fenway at 1pm which of course is about a mile from Copley... going to be a mad house. myself I was planning to go to the free oldies103.3 concert (pointer sisters) at the hatch shell, usually parking for free around 4pm on storrow... but with the timing of the parade I'm not even going to attempt it now

yea bruins, but wish parade was not saturday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirt Purdy
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, please do not lump all Canadians into the same pile.

It has been discovered that a small group of instigators who went downtown with backpacks full of crowbars, Molotov cocktails, chains, etc. would have done this is Vancouver had won.

Just like the Olympics, the "poop-disturbers" are a few morons out to make a name for themselves. Well, they did. Now they are being arrested by the bushel thanks to Facebook and other social media.

Please take a look at the thousands of Vancouverites and others who appeared on the streets yesterday to help clean it all up. THOUSANDS. All volunteers.

Please remember that point when thinking of Vancouver. Thanks.

P.S. Quebec is definitely the most "make love, not war" province.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting to note that there are only 3 US born players playing for the Bruins and 7 playing for the Canucks. The majority of the rosters for both teams are filled with Canadians (canucks). Got to admit it though ... Tim Thomas is one hell of a goalie! Cheers ... and congrats to the Bruins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.